Cbrf4i Master Cylinder

Bren

Question

• Member Contributer

I am trying to buy a front master cylinder from an F4i, to use on my SP1 front end.

Is a 2002 cbr an F4i or is it an F4? What year did the cbr become an F4i?

Hopefully this will open up more chances for me to buy the correct piece the first time around. Many master cylinders are advertised as 2001/2/3/4/5/6 and I dont know for sure if they are F4i or an F4 :happy:

Any help greatly appreciated.

Bren

7 answers to this question

• Member Contributer
I am trying to buy a front master cylinder from an F4i, to use on my SP1 front end.

That's what I have. But I'm also using F4i calipers. Which ones are you using?

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Ive got F4i calipers, its been so long since I bought them I forgot what they were, want to go with a known quantity for the first time serious modding.

Only recently managed to get hold of an SP1 front wheel, didnt take long, only a year or so!

Next big expense are 929 Helibars. Anyone got a second hand set for sale? :fing02:

I know Rob used F4i master but he doesnt mention in his write up what calipers he used. ROB?

What stage are you at, the collecting bits or bolting bits stage?

Bren

• Member Contributer
What stage are you at, the collecting bits or bolting bits stage?

Believe it or not, I've pretty much collected two complete sets of bits for two different VFRs--for my 3rd-gen in London and my 5th-gen in California. Haven't got to the next step for lack of time in either location...

The reason I went with the F4i master cylinder was because I wanted an OEM appearance (and avoid blocking my view of the instruments), and the F4i calipers because they match the capacity of the m/c (and not much else does, AFAIK). But they're a rather "basic black" colour, which isn't as nice as the SP1's gold, unfortunately.

I did manage to get a used set of 929 Helis for my 5th-gen, but they stick up above the (929) triple clamp by around 8mm, which doesn't look very good. I'm not real thrilled about dropping the SP1 forks in the triples, but I haven't actually measured what that change would do to the bike's geometry. For my 3rd-gen I want to get a set of Tommaselli adjustables, but haven't been able to find anyone who stocks them in 50mm size. They might also be not as thick at the clamp, so might fit the forks better.

Ciao,

Archived