Baxley Front Wheel Chock

CBR_Rod

• Member Contributer

Considering getting a Baxley Sport bike front wheel chock (fits a claimed 16-18" front tire). The little video demo on their website looks pretty good, but I'd never lean my bike over and let it go like that!

Anyone on here have one and care to comment on how useful they've found it to be?

• Member Contributer
They work well. I've used mine at the track, in the garage, and on a trailer.

+1, I have a Condor chock and I love it. It came with a trailer quick mount and makes it so easy to trailer the bike by myself. Great thing about the Condor is you can use to hold the rear of the bike as well and it folds for easy storage. Either a Baxley or Condor you cant go wrong both excellent products. I even saw that Harbor freight has their own version, but I don't know how strong it is.

• Member Contributer

I have used the Harbor Freight chock. Worked great for a trip from Florida to NY. Can't beat the price.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=96349

I see they have another one now:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Disp...temnumber=97841

• Member Contributer

Yes, a Baxley is worth every penny.

The Baxley and wheeldock are the only chocks that I know of that grip the tire in a way that makes it impossible for the bike to fallover without tipping over the chock. All the others, the bike can still tip over in the chock.

I love my Baxley... it's great at the track, great in the garage, when towing... cleaning the bike in the driveway. I use it a lot, and it works great everytime. Good company behind it also. One of the rubber feet came off when using it on a trailer. I called them, and they sent two.

• Member Contributer

Had my baxley chocks for 5 years now. Use them on on the utility trailer when hauling the family stable of bikes, in the back of the F150 to haul the dirtbikes, and in the garage ....makes tiedown a one person operation and I've never used more than two front tiedowns. They've held up well all these years. well worth the money.

• Member Contributer

I have 4 Baxley chocks, 3 for sport bikes & 1 for the Wing. I use them on my Harbor Freight lift table instead of the cheap wheel clamp they give you.!

gallery_6467_2372_23114.jpg

RC30b.jpg (Older photo)

I climb all over the Wing & it is as stable as can be. I have used them in flat utility trailers to secure a bike & they work great

gallery_6467_1043_13773.jpg

garage_rgt.jpg

They cost a little more, but you get what you pay for. I wholeheartedly recommend them! :fing02: :fing02: :blink:

• Member Contributer

100% agree! You will think it is too expensive until the first time you use it! It works best when solid mounted in the truck bed or trailer, but mine isn't and it still works great. Pick it up and stick it in the truck bed, load the bike, lock it in, and walk away. Easiest way to load by yourself. I generally only use tie downs on the rear, and left in gear it won't move. Then at track days take it out of the truck and stick it in the pit. Way easier than track stands if just for parking. You can still stick the rear stand on and pick up the back. Then you can roll it out of the Baxley and put the bike on the front stand if you need.

I even use it for my Pacific Coast in the garage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
I have used the Harbor Freight chock. Worked great for a trip from Florida to NY. Can't beat the price.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=96349

I see they have another one now:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Disp...temnumber=97841

HF has the first one on sale & with a coupon its $30. I was thinking about getting one for my trailer (to make it possible for me to load a bike up alone), but when I looked at it I didn't see any way for the rear piece to lock in the upright position. It doesn't seem to me that the rear piece is for anything other than looks. Anybody know if it will lock in place or figure out a way to do that?

Didn't see the second one, but may have to go back and look at it. Does anybody know if it locks the bike in so it can't fall over? I am a strong believer in gravity and every time I leave something "balanced" but not locked gravity wins! :biggrin:

I used the HF one to bring back my new to me 200 VFR 180 miles from charlotte. When you roll the front wheel in the rear of the chock rises up and clamps on the front tire. It did hold the bike upright while I tied it down properly. Overall I liked the chock and you can't beat the $30 price. I made it so I can put it in and out of my trailer,

Mike

quote name='sportrider' date='Feb 27 2009, 03:11 PM' post='591316']

I love mine. As the board has said, worth every penny. . ..

gallery_2925_321_366590.jpg

100_2510.jpg

Archived