O2 Sensor Drain Plug Size?

46alpha

• Member Contributer

I've installed a PCIII, did the resitor mod on, can someone tell me what size drain bolts I need to replace the o2 sensors and where to procure such bolts?

• 2 years later...

That's what I've done, but I'd rather just pull them.

I know this is an old thread but does anyone know the bolt and pitch size for the O2 plugs on a 2000 VFR800Fi? When I look at drag specialties web site I am seeing 12mm x 1.25 and 18mm x 1.5...

• Member Contributer
+1.gif on the 18mm. I just took the sensors to NAPA and showed 'em to the parts guy. Two plugs ran about $3. I put copper anti-seize on them in case the emissions police in my state ever start sniffing bikes and I need to get them out.

I stopped by most auto parts stores and asked for a 18mm x 1.5 and they all said "We don't carry that large of a bolt". Then when browsing the store I found the oil drain plugs and there they were. 18mm 1.5 and they work great. Much cheaper than others are charging for the ones marked "O2 Plug". Now if I can only find the copper gasket....

• 2 years later...
  • Member Contributer

This should work, right? I would think to omit the gasket for an exhaust application...and likely use anti-seize, but other than that...?

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search/Oil+Drain+Plug/02330/C0023.oap?make=Toyota&model=Celica&year=1984&vi=1273878

Archived