One Piece Mesh Suit

bigred

I am looking for a one piece mesh suit to wear while riding this summer and have had a pretty hard time finding one. I came across the Olympia Stealth but was wondering if anyone knew of any in a better color than pewter.

Thanks

• Member Contributer

I did the same thing. Bought a Cortech touring jacket to wear in the Summer. Turns out my perforated leathers are a much cooler choice in the summer and the Cortech is awesome on colder rides. I'm more comfortable sport riding in leathers anyways.

Mesh is a very poor defense against pavement and typically never survives even a minor crash.

There are many excellent perf leather suits which breath as well as most mesh- Vanson and RS Taichi both make gear that works well in hot weather and does not compromise on protection. I am sure others do, too.

• Member Contributer
Motoport Kevlar Mesh, not cheap though.

http://www.motoport.com/Product.asp?Clv=102162

:cool:

but the gear works. and because of materials and careful stitching, will likely survive a crash. i reach for my motoport more than my oh so dependable 'stich for above 55 degree riding. :biggrin:

gallery_2925_490_137772.jpg

'04 Asphat VFR

gallery_2925_490_2232.jpg

cycleportvfrhighway.jpg

gallery_2925_321_93409.jpg

CycleportAirMesh.Back.jpg

• Member Contributer

I like the long wide bands of reflective material on the Motoport suit. Too many manufactures sew in a little reflective piping and call it good. Well, IMO, a 1/8" wide bead of reflective stuff just isn't enough.

• Member Contributer

I actually met with Motoport's owner before plunking down the dollars. He's a former racer, very well versed in what riders' need. He explained the kevlar mesh fabric and the high quality thread that's used to hold everything together. I haven't visited his site for a while (downside of making a good product, I guess), but the actual use testimonials on the site when I was last there spoke volumes to the suit's crashworthiness. The suit just plain works. Expensive, but IMHO, if you are a day in day out rider in a warm to hot climate, well worth it. :biggrin:

Mesh is a very poor defense against pavement and typically never survives even a minor crash.

There are many excellent perf leather suits which breath as well as most mesh- Vanson and RS Taichi both make gear that works well in hot weather and does not compromise on protection. I am sure others do, too.

Can I fit a leather suit over my daily clothes like a mesh or textile one?

• Member Contributer

Can I fit a leather suit over my daily clothes like a mesh or textile one?

I suppose -- it depends on sizing. I would look to your intended use -- if it is for hot weather, and intended to be worn over street clothes, go with the gear that is or can be designed to be worn that way. IMHO, it won't do much good to have a suit that doesn't fit your intended use.

Most typical nylon "mesh" is a one use suit, which may not help you in a crash. Motoports are different. Because of their material (kevlar weave) and special construction (kevlar thread/special lock stitched), Motoports are crashworthy. I hear good things about the BMW's mesh gear, too. But that is expensive also.

Archived