Mount The Hf Tire Changer

y2kvfr

• Member Contributer

So, I'm eagerly awaiting the 6th trailer (of 6) to arrive at my lot. It crashed about 2 weeks ago when an 18 wheeler crossed the centerline and ripped the box off of the trailer.

Anyway, the garage is partially under the house. My truck doesn't fit, so the VFR will have a nice open space to live (mini van does fit in the other bay)

What process should I use... naw scratch that. What epoxy should I use to glue the inserts into the floor for mounting the HF tire changer?

What inserts do I use, and where do I get them?

House progress pictures.

The house gets craned together tomorrow, I'll try to update the pictures tomorrow night, so you can watch the house being put together.

I'm SOOOO excited to have a nice garage floor for the VFR again.

(OBTW: I'm putting in a pool too, so I need to build a pool/tool shed. WOOOHOOO).

-t

• Member Contributer

Does it have to be attached?

If the answer is yes, then I would drill some studs into the floor and do it that way.

P.S.

Building the house is something my wifea nd i would like to do one day.

You must be super excited.

Enjoy :rolleyes:

I drilled holes in the floor of my garage, and used inserts so that I can remove the Tire Changer when not in use, which is 99% of the time. This leaves 4 holes with a sleeve in them, but doesn't cause any problems. I bought the anchors at Lowes to allow this.

• Member Contributer
I drilled holes in the floor of my garage, and used inserts so that I can remove the Tire Changer when not in use, which is 99% of the time. This leaves 4 holes with a sleeve in them, but doesn't cause any problems. I bought the anchors at Lowes to allow this.

What size sleeves did you use? I imagine home desperate has them also. Any epoxy?

-t

• 6 months later...
I'd recommend using a drop in anchor as shown in THIS VIDEO.

Ohhh, I like it. The Lowes ones I used did not work very well....I have to fight them every time. I might invest in this version....not that I need 50 of them!

Archived