Billet Chain Guard For 6th Gen?

Guest jambie

Question

I did a search but didn't come up with any results on this topic. Does anyone have an aluminum chain guard? I'd like to farkle my new '06 Pearl White VFR a bit and think aluminum would look better than the black plastic. If anyone has a source and/or pics, I'd sure appreciate it.

Cheers,

Tom

gallery_1153_4038_12849.jpg

Brand New

7 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

Thurn Motorsport in Germany do....

http://www.thurn-motorsport.de/html/schutz-rc46_2.html

Good company, am very please with their level of service. :pissed:

Had an aluminium chainguard on my 4th Gen before I fitted a CF hugger.

HPIM0858.jpg

Thurn Motorsport in Germany do....

http://www.thurn-motorsport.de/html/schutz-rc46_2.html

Good company, am very please with their level of service. :pissed:

Had an aluminium chainguard on my 4th Gen before I fitted a CF hugger.

HPIM0858.jpg

They sure are proud of their stuff. Their chain guard is priced ar 65 euros. That's $94 U.S. Then there's the shipping charges from Das Vaterland that will not be cheap either. I'll bet if you drew out the dimensions of the piece, a local metal fabricator could make it for less than half of what they want for theirs. If you MUST have the cool VFR cut out of it, it would cost more, of course.

I've got one in the works if you can hold your breath, not sure if I can make them at work or if I'll have to outsource to another waterjet facility to have mine/them made. CAD drawing is in the works, main thing is finding time to draw up the VFR logo nicely.

I've got one in the works if you can hold your breath, not sure if I can make them at work or if I'll have to outsource to another waterjet facility to have mine/them made. CAD drawing is in the works, main thing is finding time to draw up the VFR logo nicely.

I can hold my breath for a while considering the cost of that German unit...keep us posted :pissed:

• Member Contributer

Seb, I am looking for a black powdercoated one, no logo is fine...just something smaller and nicer than the oem unit, so if you mess up a prototype or have finish issues that can be painted over, let me know...not after bling (although thats ok) just something better looking than oem, thanks Doug

Archived