Replacement Mirrors For My '98 Vfr

Guest Giz

Question

The one feaure of my VFR I've never liked , has always been the rubber booted mirrors on my '98 model.

Does anyone here know of any replacement mirrors available.... that bolt on the same way.... but simply have black painted stalks... rather than the OEM , rubber boot covered chrome/brass type?

The adjustment bolt on my right side mirror has finally stripped.... and now would be a perfect time to replace both. Please feel free to answer here... or write to me @ giz059@yahoo.com

Thanx in Advance,

Giz

10 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

Hrmm not quite sure what works exactly, But I do know that if your mirros bolt onto your fairing, and you are going to get rid of them I would be more then willing to take them off your hands for the price of shipping!!!

Does anyone here know of any replacement mirrors available.... that bolt on the same way.... but simply have black painted stalks... rather than the OEM , rubber boot covered chrome/brass type?

Yeah, go buy some 2000-2001 VFR mirrors.

Or, if you want to go with lighted GSXR mirrors, I can sell you the mounts required to adapt them to your VFR. I have a thread in the "Bargain Finder" forum that has all the details.

Yeah, go buy some 2000-2001 VFR mirrors.

Or, if you want to go with lighted GSXR mirrors, I can sell you the mounts required to adapt them to your VFR. I have a thread in the "Bargain Finder" forum that has all the details.

+1 on the Mounts Darth offers.......

Here is a video of them working..

http://media.putfile.com/Darth-Bling-mirro...ng-lights-on-06

What a selfish plug Darth, Here let me help you.... :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

Better yet, get the lighted Darth Bling mirrors and the Lobster extenders and have the best combo you can get (IMHO)!

Better yet, get the lighted Darth Bling mirrors and the Lobster extenders and have the best combo you can get (IMHO)!

Thank Guys!! My first day on the site... and you have paid off!!

BTW.... I'm an olde dawg from New Orleans, who moved up to Motorcycle Heaven.... Central Arkansas.... After Katrina. Ark Hwy 7 is right off the end of the driveway.... nothing but smoothe, curly ribbon, roller coaster roads everywhere!! Thank You, Katrina!!

And Thank Ya'll too...

Giz

Archived