Pc Iii - 6th Gen - Cozyes Map.

KanadianKen

Two part question:

1) Will an extended period of disconnected battery cause a PCIII to flip back to a default map ? ( I have a feeling this might be the case for mine right now). I installed a Blue Sea fusebox - and had the battery out for a couple days.

2) I'll have a search in a minute - but I want to reload Cozyes map if it is in fact gone..... ANyone have a quick link to point me to where I can download it?

EDIT _ FOUND IT:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...st&p=395871

Thanks!

• Member Contributer
i am pretty sure the pciii is flash, not battery backed, so no, being unplugged shouldn't lose program

yup

well - I reloaded Cozyes map, resaved it - fired the bike up and it ran perfect.... SOmehow the map that was loaded self destructed, deleted itself, or Elvis was here and decided to play a joke on me.

Holding the throttle to 5,000 rpm, spot on with very little fluctuation. Before the reload - it would jump all over the place.

Weird huh?

However - I do love the ability to hook the PC up and do some tuning by Laptop!

Where I have my PCIII placed under the seat, I worry a bit about those little buttons being pushed accidentally while I'm riding. Does anyone know if you have to have the USB cable connected in order for those buttons to work?

I'm not too worried about it, really. I figure if I notice something amiss with my FI I can always reload Cozye's map into the PCIII via my laptop, like Ken.

BTW, I love how Eric's map killed the surging from 5k-6k rpm! It wasn't terrible before, but it's so much smoother now.

• Member Contributer
My bike ran a little weird when I first plugged the PC3 in, maybe a fluke in Honda's ECU? Doesn't like being overridden?

If I recall correctly, it's not really a factor of over riding. I thought it was post ECU, on the 6th gens, as opposed to pre, on most all other bikes.

Why it would, "wipe out", Ken, is beyond me.

Wouldn't be the first goofy, P.C., to make word, on VFRD.

Keep an eye on it, Ken. Pull the map, every so many months, to see if it is still valid.

My bike ran a little weird when I first plugged the PC3 in, maybe a fluke in Honda's ECU? Doesn't like being overridden?

If I recall correctly, it's not really a factor of over riding. I thought it was post ECU, on the 6th gens, as opposed to pre, on most all other bikes.

Why it would, "wipe out", Ken, is beyond me.

Wouldn't be the first goofy, P.C., to make word, on VFRD.

Keep an eye on it, Ken. Pull the map, every so many months, to see if it is still valid.

BIke performed incredibly today. Hauled my fat ass around almost 300 miles of semi twisty roads with CBAR today - its back to normal and running great!!!

• Member Contributer
However - I do love the ability to hook the PC up and do some tuning by Laptop!

Ain't that the freaggin' truth? Boy when someone tells me that carbs were better, they seem to forget how long it takes to take them off, change the jetting, go try the bike, do it again and again and again. While loading a proven map takes literally just a few minutes. How could that be worse?

Archived