Wingrack Installed, Now......?

timmythecop

Question

Just got a wingrack from turnera from this forum. Great deal and it went straight on. Now.....

what are yuour ideas on the bags to hang on them. The E21s are cheap and dont look too bad, but they are rather small. It would be ok to have a big set and a little set, but now were talking a large ammount of dough.

Do I get the E21 little guys and see how they are, or do I spend more and get some larger capacity bags?

What are your experiences with Givis? Please post any and all ideas, suggestions and reviews.

The bags were expected Last week and still not here. I will photograph them on the Yellow Peril so one may see what the look like mounted before they buy these bags.

so by waiting and mixing and matching, I have a two bag set up (28 litres a side) on a wingrack for total investment of 350 bucks. (Not including the outlay for the toolbox experiment).

I can live with that, so now on to the fit, finish, livability and duribility of the E28s.

The saga continues...................................

PS thank you one and all for not refering to me as "Toolbox" I guess that one was just too easy....

• Member Contributer
Now I guess this is a bit anti climactic, but even though my home-maders would probably be OK, I couldnt resist these:

2d4a_1.JPG

they dont make these any more and they are 28 litres, right between the E21s and the 360s. And for 250 bucks for new-old-stock bags, I just had to end the experiment.

I will use the tool boxes on my XS1100 I think. With my giant Hannigan Sport-touring fairing and those bags, it should have people scratching thier heads.

Also, while I am at it, I attached a stiffening brace that came with my mount to the rear of the Wingrack. It didnt really need it but now that it is on, I cant move the rack a fraction of a millimeter in any direction. The bracket consists of an 90 degree angled tube that bolts to a multi directional clamp and a flat bar that goes behind the number plate. Solid as a rock.

I guess I'll post some photos tommorow when the bags arrive, so you can see that the shuttle has indeed landed and I can keep my tools.

Anybody with questions about givi or wingracks, fire away, as I had many that I just had to figure out on my own.

Tim like I said close but no cigar. Black made them look even less attractive. And no the tool boxes didn't make you ass look fat just flat and unattractive.... are we really having this conversation? Those Givi bags are a million times better looking. Worth what ever you paid for them.

I'm still waiting thier arrival. I paid 250 for the set and they are NOS, so looks like a good deal.

You are right, though. They will look alot better, and now I dont have the Mickey Mouse factor on the best bike in the world.

It was worth a try though and I wont stop. That guy on the video just out-donkeyed me.

but I am putting some ammo cans AND BMW roundels on a 1200 sportster.......................................................(you cant stop me! the word is mine! the world is mine!!!)

Well, I cave closed the case on the home-made case. These bags I ended up with are no longer available, but I dont know why. They are the perfect inbetween size and thier shape goes well with the 5th Generation. (Prolly the 6th too.)

So here they are. I shant bother you with home made parts again. Until I put some more on that is.

Thank you one and all.

Discuss....

l_c7c13f08248dbb86ecd2b8a8a9ab22a8.jpg

l_8b5cc4f17051305933e33d7f1c1e5484.jpg

l_4e158d91270c6a30194dec0bab0fc33f.jpg

Well, I sure wouldn't be tailgating you once I noticed the stickers on the bags... :rolleyes:

yea, I,m not really a gun guy, but I thought these might give me some room. Still might take them off though because I am pretty anti-sticker.

• Member Contributer

Tim!

Where'd you get those stickers???

I need one to balance the sportsman club sticker I have on the truck. (I'm not a sticker fan either, but I need the club sticker for access)

Tim!

Where'd you get those stickers???

I need one to balance the sportsman club sticker I have on the truck. (I'm not a sticker fan either, but I need the club sticker for access)

Ive got one silver one left. You can have it for a PM with your adress.

an update on the Givi E28s. I say they look good and a coupla people have mentioned that they look good on the bike. I do like them and find them easy to live with except for two slight niggles. I do not like the fact that you cannot remove the key from the lock when it is in the open position. When running around, sometimes it would be better to have the bags closed and unlocked for quick access. Also my key is with the ignition key and when I forget something, I have to turn the motor off and unlock. Also even though I am getting used to it, the latch is not intuitive and basically needs two hands to operate. No real big whoop, but sometimes it is a little struggle. The bags are water proff as I purposely left 'em out in 4 rainstorms to see what kind of moisture I would be upo against. None.

So for 250 bucks I am happily in the bagger game. I would give these an 8 out of 10, better that Concours bags but not quite as good as BMW system bags.

Archived