Anybody Good With Paintshop?

Guest ElementalG20

• Member Contributer
gallery_14642_3926_212456.jpg

Here you go, Bob. Is this what you were thinking? Rather than a fancy texture, I would suggest keeping the carbon fiber section simple and just go with a satin finish black, or gray so dark it's near-black. Note that I also replaced the stock amber blinker covers with clear ones. The image hosting here tends to over compress the pics (but hey, can't complain about free image hosting!) so if you want a high resolution version (about 8x10 at 300ppi) just let me know.

That is even more true to the Bimota detail than I was thinking. Great work on the dimensions etc... The colors are great. I've got y2k mirrors and I'd probably leave them black. The upper red I imagined running lower on the upper fairing and tank at the creese that runs midway into the headlight lense and just over the top of the honda wing graphic on the tank(about the 3rd feather down). Front fender may go carbon fiber. Black anodized forks and wheels. Lower red section I thought should go down to the lower corner of the small vent that is covered by black section. Tail section no black on the bottom but black on the top of the seat cover where the red is. If that is easily done. The work you did is probably better than what I'm suggesting so I'd like to see them together. Great adaptation. I feel like I should be paying you.

Thanks

Bob

That is breathtaking. Fantastic work. I want that on my 6th gen.

• Member Contributer

I think they are both incredible. I'm leaning toward your original top with the newer version bottom half with the black raised just over the triangle vent. I think I'm gonna have to go ahead and do this. Thanks for all the help. I'll probably leave the mirrors black and later if I don't like it I can paint them to match the red. front fender still a question mark. Mine is cracked right now so maybe I can buy a better one and use the original for a re shaping project while Im at it. I may even black out the frame eventually. Thanks for the help. You are tha man. I could even buy the new honda button emblems that are retro like the new cbr1000 for the tank :fing02: :goofy: +1.gif :biggrin:

gallery_14642_3926_569577.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the compliments. I aim to please. I like the first version too, with black mirrors. But if I had my own bike painted, this is how I'd like it to look.

Archived