Fuel Cut Out Relay

Guest Mogbutt

Guest Mogbutt

I hava a VFR VTEC that has been dropped, I have replaced the locks and ECU but the re is still no spark and no power to the fuel pump. The dealer says there is a fuel cut out relay but doesnt know where it is. Can anyone help?

• Member Contributer
I hava a VFR VTEC that has been dropped, I have replaced the locks and ECU but the re is still no spark and no power to the fuel pump. The dealer says there is a fuel cut out relay but doesnt know where it is. Can anyone help?

top of page

Downloads

Service Manual

:fing02:

Hello and welcome!

A little more info please!

The Vtec's have a herness/ground issue that effects the priming of the fuel pump that has to do with the larger Blue connector under the left cowl next to the front of the tank. Do you have any buzzing behind the dash.

Also you say it was dropped, where was the damage? Bought a wrecked 04 that was hit in the front and a wire to the Tip sensor had been cut and wouldn't allow the fuel pump to prime.

Hello and welcome!

The Vtec's have a herness/ground issue that effects the priming of the fuel pump that has to do with the larger Blue connector under the left cowl next to the front of the tank. Do you have any buzzing behind the dash.

Also you say it was dropped, where was the damage? Bought a wrecked 04 that was hit in the front and a wire to the Tip sensor had been cut and wouldn't allow the fuel pump to prime.

Hello and welcome!

Hi, The bike went down the road on the right hand side, not major but it did wipe out the ECU (or at least it was missing when I got the bike) I replaced this with a 2003 one complete with HISS and ignition lock etc, but I did have to use my ignition switch contact as mine had an extra wire. I have no buzzing anywhere. The HISS light flashes with the ignition off and stays off with the ignition on. Where is the tip sensor please?

Hi

The bike was dropped on the right hand side, nothing major but it did wipe out the ECU (or at least it was missing when I got the bike) I replaced the lockset, HISS, and ECU from a 2003 bike, I had to reuse my ignition switch contact set because it has an extra wire. I have no buzzing from anywhere on the bike. Where is the tip sensor please?

The Tip Over relay(not the proper name) is of the front center of the front faring stay behind the dash, black, round top w/3 wires.

Download the manual from right here ant it will show all locations and diagrams needed to trouble shoot!

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...amp;showfile=9#

I am wondering if the problem is more related to HISS and the changed over ECM.

yep, my first thought too....i dont know anything about it, but that sure seems like a natural culprit.

HI

Thanks for the replies. The Hiss/ECU was my first thought too but the Main Dealer says what I have done should be OK but they seem very reluctant to look at it, I am prepared to pay them of course, they just said I should check out the "Fuel cut off relay" (which they dont know the location of). This is why I have turned to you guys.

Hi

Thanks again for the replies. This turned out to be a stuck Bank Angle Sensor (not uncommon so I'm told) you just take it off and give it a good shake and thats it, Robert is your Mothers Brother.

Hi

Thanks again for the replies. This turned out to be a stuck Bank Angle Sensor (not uncommon so I'm told) you just take it off and give it a good shake and thats it, Robert is your Mothers Brother.

very good to hear!

Archived