My Wifes Bike With New Pipes.

crazybrother

• Member Contributer

Hey guy's I just put some Two Bro's slip-on's on my wife's Yamaha FZ6 & they sound awesome. :fing02: So I called my friend at the Dealership & ordered some for my VFR. Does anyone have them on your's?? If so, do you have some pic's & how do you like them? Here is a link to the video I took of her stock pipes & the Two Bros after installation:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5...51408&hl=en

Hey guy's I just put some Two Bro's slip-on's on my wife's Yamaha FZ6 & they sound awsome. :laugh: So I called my friend at the Dealership & ordered some for my VFR. Does anyone have them on your's?? If so, do you have some pic's & how do you like them? Here is a link to the video I took of her stock pipes & the Two Bros after installation:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5...51408&hl=en

In my best 'KALIFORNYA' accent: "DUDE! Are you like, ever gonna let your Momma ride that puppy again?"

It's like TOOL TIME, puttin' a Binford Turbocharger on a Pfaff sewing machine, man! :wheel:

UHA.........UHA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA............" :cool:

Ps. I'll trade ya a set of Lasers for the week at your Timeshare! :fing02:

I've got the 2 bro's VALE system on mine. I like both the look and the sound.

gallery_9137_2250_190401.jpg

Top of Sandia Crest Top of Sandia Crest, 10,500 ft

gallery_9137_2250_71484.jpg

Fender Elim Much Cleaner

Action

I dunno... I mean, I'm leaning towards either the VALE or Stash systems from Two Brothers.

Though honestly, It seems like the VALE are just a bit too small for the VFR 6gen looks. Is it just me?

I was also thinking of going with STASH, but not sure if the whole 1 muffler bit really makes sense or not?

Sorry to kinda hijack this thread, but since we're on the topic of Pipes and Two Bro's, can anyone comment on the above thinking?

Thanks.

• Member Contributer
I dunno... I mean, I'm leaning towards either the VALE or Stash systems from Two Brothers.

Though honestly, It seems like the VALE are just a bit too small for the VFR 6gen looks. Is it just me?

I was also thinking of going with STASH, but not sure if the whole 1 muffler bit really makes sense or not?

Sorry to kinda hijack this thread, but since we're on the topic of Pipes and Two Bro's, can anyone comment on the above thinking?

Thanks.

Funny I was thinking the same thing, but after talking to the tech's at Two Bros. they explained that on most of the other systems that are for the VFR they primarily only use one of the pipes & the other is for looks only. He told me to look at my stockers & they are the same, they use mostly the left side pipe & the right is for looks only. There is only a small amount of exhaust that goes through. If you notice that our bikes have only one pipe going from the Cat back to our pipes then split into two, he said that this is more ineficient than one straight pipe. :rolleyes: I guess that I'll find out, I ordered a set last week. After I get them I'll let you guy's know.

I have the titanium stash on mine and I love em..... Supposedly you get slightly more power out of a single pipe than a dual, but I doubt it's really noticable. The extra "stash" pipe is perfect for shoving things in for short trips, and I think they sound good.

I have the Stash on mine too and have grown to like it. I thought it was lame at first, until I started taking some trips on it. I keep my chain lube, tool kit, some assorted zip ties, etc. in there. If I had rain gear, that's where I'd try to stuff it (assuming it would stuff in there) so it would always be with me.

Now back to that single pipe bias thing, is the VALE the same way, with less coming out of one side? Just curious.

• Member Contributer

I had the 2 bros. stash on my '02.

The "stash pipe" (I think that's funny) was a great spot to store a rain suit.

I noticed your dog doesn't care for the wife's new pipes. :fing02:

I have 2 Bros. on my ST1300 and every time I pass an animal it takes off running or flying.

My wife says the STeed scares nature. :fing02:

• Member Contributer
I noticed your dog doesn't care for the wife's new pipes. :biggrin:

Yeah, it looks like 'ol Rover doesn't like 'em too much.

They sound pretty cool, though. :fing02:

• Member Contributer
gallery_9137_2250_190401.jpg

Top of Sandia Crest Top of Sandia Crest, 10,500 ft

gallery_9137_2250_71484.jpg

Fender Elim Much Cleaner

Action

Wow, now that is a sharp setup!!!

Here is a

to my 93 after I installed a 2Bros slipon. I think the video is a bit crappy, I'll have to redo it one of these days...

• Member Contributer
I noticed your dog doesn't care for the wife's new pipes. :biggrin:

Yeah, it looks like 'ol Rover doesn't like 'em too much.

They sound pretty cool, though. :fing02:

My thoughts too.

I had some Two Bros Ti pipes that came on my old Monster 900. It was one of the reasons I sold the bike. I was setting off too many car alarms. Seriously.

Thanks.

I dunno, I think the fake muffler thing is only acceptable on bikes like the Rebel 250. Why did TB ever think that it makes sense on a VFR??? :fing02:

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer

Thanks.

I dunno, I think the fake muffler thing is only acceptable on bikes like the Rebel 250. Why did TB ever think that it makes sense on a VFR??? :fing02:

Beck

95 VFR

The second pipe is for looks only... It would look like crap with only one pipe on the sixth gen... :fing02:

Thanks.

Funny I was thinking the same thing, but after talking to the tech's at Two Bros. they explained that on most of the other systems that are for the VFR they primarily only use one of the pipes & the other is for looks only. He told me to look at my stockers & they are the same, they use mostly the left side pipe & the right is for looks only. There is only a small amount of exhaust that goes through. If you notice that our bikes have only one pipe going from the Cat back to our pipes then split into two, he said that this is more ineficient than one straight pipe. :fing02: I guess that I'll find out, I ordered a set last week. After I get them I'll let you guy's know.

Crazy, You ordered the STASH last week?

Interested to see how you set the STASH up on your bike.

Reason being is, since I'm in Japan, I need to do bike inspections ever few years, and when that time comes, I need to put the

stock mufflers back on. So... wondering how a quick switch back to the stock can be done if the STASHes are installed.

Please let me know how it goes.

Could go with Leo Vince, but have no idea about the quality/sounds of these things..

*Again, it just seem that the VALE are just too small for the 6gen VFR. I just can't convince myself.

• Member Contributer

Thanks.

Funny I was thinking the same thing, but after talking to the tech's at Two Bros. they explained that on most of the other systems that are for the VFR they primarily only use one of the pipes & the other is for looks only. He told me to look at my stockers & they are the same, they use mostly the left side pipe & the right is for looks only. There is only a small amount of exhaust that goes through. If you notice that our bikes have only one pipe going from the Cat back to our pipes then split into two, he said that this is more ineficient than one straight pipe. :fing02: I guess that I'll find out, I ordered a set last week. After I get them I'll let you guy's know.

Crazy, You ordered the STASH last week?

Interested to see how you set the STASH up on your bike.

Reason being is, since I'm in Japan, I need to do bike inspections ever few years, and when that time comes, I need to put the

stock mufflers back on. So... wondering how a quick switch back to the stock can be done if the STASHes are installed.

Please let me know how it goes.

Could go with Leo Vince, but have no idea about the quality/sounds of these things..

*Again, it just seem that the VALE are just too small for the 6gen VFR. I just can't convince myself.

Not the stash, I ordered the VALE. I'll keep you guy's posted on the install & I'll do a video of the before & after. Although I have the gutted stock pipes on the bike now.

I LOVED the Stash on mine. Had a mean growl and could carry a bottle of water and faceshield cleaner in the other can!gallery_3597_173_242769.jpg

ahhh...clean bike!

Archived