Pics From The Gap And N. Ga. Area In March

• Member Contributer

A few pics from the long weekend of March 30th around the Gap area and N. Ga. Never have I seen the Gap so clean and empty of traffic. All the roads were clean. Let's hope for the same the 1st of May!

The soon to be infamous Franklin Motel...it's OK for the coming event. Suspect more two wheeled thingys will be there.

GapMar08001.jpg

Warning at the Hwy. 28 turn off from 19

GapMar08002.jpg

Up Hwy 28 from Franklin to the already infamous Gap

GapMar08004.jpg

Fifth Gen. at the Gap Store...nobody there hardly!!

GapMar08003.jpg

FOG on the Cherohala from 4000 ft. and up!

GapMar08005.jpg

Mountain view from the Cherohala with fog...see the mountains....

GapMar08006.jpg

Dippin' and turnin'

GapMar08011.jpg

At least paint the headers Bent!!

GapMar08012.jpg

On to the next one, the next one, the next one, the next one..on and on....

GapMar08013.jpg

Bridal Veil Falls...a common pic here.

GapMar08009-1.jpg

1200 miles in 3 days of riding in this. Does it get any better!! :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer
No.

I won't be down until the weekend before the 4th of July, won't be too crowded then, right? :rolleyes:

No problem. They were putting in a new "take a number system" when I was there..... :laugh:

By july there should be plenty of parking at the Gap store..........

Across the street smile.gif

Along with FL, and NY plates a plenty..

Thats got to be the deadest I have seen it at the store in months Bent...

You got lucky, Must have had the road all to yourself....

• Member Contributer
By july there should be plenty of parking at the Gap store..........

Across the street smile.gif

Along with FL, and NY plates a plenty..

Thats got to be the deadest I have seen it at the store in months Bent...

You got lucky, Must have had the road all to yourself....

Funny.......all of my photos have had other bikers parked at The Gap...........are you sure they didn't put up those "WARNING: BENT IS ON THE DRAGON" signs again to clear everyone out.................. :laugh:

Great pics Buddy............. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, next time you and Killboy are staging some "still shots", be careful where you place the brick holding the bike up, it's showing a little in that first "lean shot"............... tongue.gif

• Member Contributer

I was shocked when I showed up at the Gap Store around 10:30 am. I actually thought it was closed. Went in and asked where everyone was and they said, "People aren't out because it's too cold". It was 52 degrees, which with a jacket liner and one layer is what I call perfect.

And, yes, The Gap, was literally empty but for me on one run. On other runs, I passed only one car and a BCSO car trying to hide. The pavement was literally perfectly clean all the way up and down.

Probably never see that again... :pissed:

Oh, and Skuuter, the brick was fastened to my bike kinda like "training wheels" on a bicycle.... :biggrin:

• Member Contributer
I was shocked when I showed up at the Gap Store around 10:30 am. I actually thought it was closed. Went in and asked where everyone was and they said, "People aren't out because it's too cold". It was 52 degrees, which with a jacket liner and one layer is what I call perfect.

And, yes, The Gap, was literally empty but for me on one run. On other runs, I passed only one car and a BCSO car trying to hide. The pavement was literally perfectly clean all the way up and down.

Oh, and Skuuter, the brick was fastened to my bike kinda like "training wheels" on a bicycle.... :biggrin:

I use two kickstands.......one for holding the bike up, a real short one for "Lean Pics"................. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Oh, and Skuuter, the brick was fastened to my bike kinda like "training wheels" on a bicycle.... :goofy:

I use two kickstands.......one for holding the bike up, a real short one for "Lean Pics"................. :goofy:

Too complicated. Guess I'll just do it the old fashioned way. :biggrin:

Archived