2000 Vfr 800 Fi Swing Arm

Guest surfales

Question

Guest surfales

If I part my VFR out. Where should I target the sale of the swing arm? SV's, etc? Just some preplanning here just in case I get tired of the project.

10 answers to this question

• Member Contributer
Let me rephrase...What other bikes can the swingarm from a 2000 VFR 800FI be installed on?

Most conversions use the 3rd & 4th gen swingarm becasue it's narrower. I haven't seen anyone use the 5th gen, what were you planning to put it on?

Let me rephrase...What other bikes can the swingarm from a 2000 VFR 800FI be installed on?

Most conversions use the 3rd & 4th gen swingarm becasue it's narrower. I haven't seen anyone use the 5th gen, what were you planning to put it on?

I'm not planning to put it on anything. I'm trying to figure out if the bike is worth parting out. But I do have a 1999 CBR600F4...would the swingarm fit? Probably not if it attaches to the engine.

• Member Contributer

I'm debating parting mine out as well. Even though all it needs is a clutch cover and paint, I'd probably get more for it in pieces.

• Member Contributer

Perhaps the CBR929/954, or RC51. Haven't really seen it on many bikes.

I'm debating parting mine out as well. Even though all it needs is a clutch cover and paint, I'd probably get more for it in pieces.

I think I need an ECM. How your's?

I think I need an ECM. How your's?

i would take the swingarm for my 954.

its been done on a 954 i found on the internet but its probably hard to do.

ill give it a go. how much?

I just bought my VFR but it has a starting problem that the previous owner(s) couldn't fix. I'm to the point where I'm pretty sure it's the ECM. I'm going to wait a little to see if I can find a used ECM. If I can't I will part the bike out.

Archived