Key

Guest KaSTalana

Guest KaSTalana

Hi, i'm from Russia!!!! Thank you for this site, it's very helpful! Forgive me for my english, i'l make many mistakes))))))))

I'v got VFR month ago with one key and i have a question! Please, tell me! Can i programme a new key by myself??? In service center it will cost too expensive.

Welcome comrade! :thumbsup:

Good question, I'm guessing your key has some electronic sensor on it??? :lurk: We don't have any like that here if it does otherwise standard copies can be made.

Can you expand on your dilemma.

Welcome comrade! :thumbsup:

Good question, I'm guessing your key has some electronic sensor on it??? :unsure: We don't have any like that here if it does otherwise standard copies can be made.

Can you expand on your dilemma.

I doubt it.

Just have a copy made. no problem!!

BS, you run the risk of confusing him with such refined English B)

Dobro nozhalovat'! A gde v Rossii vi zhivote? Ya bival b Moskve u b Sankt Peterburge neskol'ko let tomy nazad. Dumayu, shto budet ochen' internesno kasat'sa na motostikle b Rossii! I am sorry I couldn't get my Cyrillic font set to work, but welcome, anyway. Sorry I can't help you with your key problem. And please excuse my poor Russian.

This site is a great resource. And I think it's very cool that we have members from all over the world. Maybe I'll get a chance to tour the Golden Ring by bike some day. :lurk:

Daren

Does the HISS system use a chip in the key?

Apparently, non-US Honda's come with some kind of RFID chip based security system on the key.

From a honda website:

[H.I.S.S. (Honda Ignition Security System)] This is Honda's unique, electronically controlled security system. A chip in the original ignition key recognizes signals from the Engine Control Unit and sends a special ID verification signal. If the signals do not match, the engine will not start.

There is also an Anti-Theft Ignition Switch. The main switch also operates the seat opener and the fork lock. A shutter over the key hole prevents tampering and theft and helps to ensure that your favorite motorcycle is always waiting for you when you return.

Sounds like getting a new key is expen$ive.

Does the HISS system use a chip in the key?

Apparently, non-US Honda's come with some kind of RFID chip based security system on the key.

From a honda website:

[H.I.S.S. (Honda Ignition Security System)] This is Honda's unique, electronically controlled security system. A chip in the original ignition key recognizes signals from the Engine Control Unit and sends a special ID verification signal. If the signals do not match, the engine will not start.

There is also an Anti-Theft Ignition Switch. The main switch also operates the seat opener and the fork lock. A shutter over the key hole prevents tampering and theft and helps to ensure that your favorite motorcycle is always waiting for you when you return.

Sounds like getting a new key is expen$ive.

I think you could order one at a dealer with your VIN number?

• Member Contributer

Do you have a euro. manual? I'm not finding anything about it, in U.S. manual. (Had hoped the manual was universal). There has to be a way. At least, autos have a way. I would hope Honda would be smart enough to go across the board with it. :lurk: Seb. has the right suggestion. They should have record of the chip frequency.

• Member Contributer
Hi, i'm from Russia!!!! Thank you for this site, it's very helpful! Forgive me for my english, i'l make many mistakes))))))))

I'v got VFR month ago with one key and i have a question! Please, tell me! Can i programme a new key by myself??? In service center it will cost too expensive.

У тебя HISS есть ? На приборной панели должна быть дополнительная красная лампочка, плюс вокруг замочной скважины на замке зажигания надпись HISS.

Если есть - надо купить болванку ключа с HISS, вырезать ключ, а потом прописать в системе. Метод прописывания в интернете был, на фаерблейдовом сайте каком-то.

Если хисса нет - тогда просто режешь копию ключа.

• Member Contributer
Метод прописывания в интернете был, на фаерблейдовом сайте каком-то.

Способ прописывания дополнительного ключа описан в руководстве по ремонту:

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fir...g-new-keys.html

Правда, там не приводится распиновка "special tool" и "inspection adapter".

• Member Contributer

Я видел на каком-то другом фаеровом сайте полную инструкцию, не из мануала, без необходимости спец. инструментов от хонды.

Some dealers charge up to €100 for a key and programming them into the ECU where, if you have spare keys, it is a pretty straightforward routine that can be done by anyone who has at least one (out of a max of four) key that is allready programmed into the ECU.

From the link mentioned in the previous post:

From the OEM Honda Workshop Manual for 2000 & 2001 CBR929RR

Key Registration Procedures

When the key has been lost, or additional spare key is required:

1. Obtain a new transponder key.

2. Grind the key in accordance with the shape of the original key.

3. Apply 12V battery voltage to the ignition pulse generator lines of the engine control module (ECM) using the special tool (page 20-5).

4. Turn the ignition switch ON with the original key. The immobiliser indicator comes on and it remains on.

*The code of the original key is recognised by the ECM.

*If there is any problem in the immobiliser system, the system will enter the diagnostic mode and the indicator will remain on for approx. ten seconds, then it will indicate the diagnostic code (page 20-5).

5. Disconnect the red clip of the inspection adaptor from the battery positive (+) terminal for two seconds or more, then connect it again. The indicator remains on for approx. two seconds, then it blinks four times repeatedly.

*The immobiliser system (HISS) enters the registration mode. Registrations of all key except the original key inserted in the ignition switch are cancelled. (Registration of the lost key or spare key is cancelled.)

NOTE:

The spare key must be registered again.

6. Turn the ignition switch OFF and remove the key.

7. Turn the ignition switch ON with a new key or the spare key. (Never use the key registered in previous step.) The indicator comes on for two seconds, then it blinks four times repeatedly.

*The new key or spare key is registered in the ECM.

*If there is any problem in the registration, the system will enter the diagnostic mode and the indicator will remain on for approx. ten seconds, then it will indicate the diagnostic code (page 20-6).

CAUTION:

Keep the other transponder key away from the immobiliser receiver more than 50mm (2.0 in).

8. Repeat the steps 6 and 7 when you continuously register the other new key.

NOTE:

The ECM can store up to four key codes. (The four keys can be registered.)

9. Turn the ignition switch OFF, remove the inspection adaptor and connect the ignition pulse generator connector.

10. Turn the ignition ON with the registered key.

*The immobiliser system (HISS) returns to the normal mode.

11. Check that the engine can be started using all registered key.

Я видел на каком-то другом фаеровом сайте полную инструкцию, не из мануала, без необходимости спец. инструментов от хонды.

Come on kids, English translation(also) would help the rest of us too! :goofy:

Thanks for everybody! Sorry, I didn't know the difference between Usa and Europen bikes. Yes, i have a chip in my key. My compatriots helped me. It turned out, that this problem was popular enough on our forums.

P.S. Be not afraid to use complex word-combinations, they are a good practice for me!

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the VFRD.....glad your problem got worked out............ :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

Archived