Honda Oem Hard Bags For 6th Gen

pbmax

• Member Contributer

Hey all! After much deliberation between Honda OEM and the Givi PLX series, I decided to get the Honda bags.

Two main reasons really; first was the exact color match of the OEM bags. When I was looking at the Givis, I couldn't decide what would complement the bike better - the flat or gloss black. Then when I thought how Pearl Black bags would look stellar on my Pearl Black bike I went to talk to my Honda dealer. And that was the second deciding factor - to keep my business, the dealer offered the OEM set for $700 :salesman: . Comparable price to the Givi set and they color match... so I made a command decision on the spot and ordered 'em!

The bags have arrived and I unboxed them last night. What a gorgeous set! I hope to spend some time this evening putting the mounting frame on the bike. I've read thru the installation instructions - seems fairly straightforward - but it does look like some disassembly of the rear seat area is required. DANGIT! It took me for foooking ever (LOL) to get that Kanadian Ken's fender eliminator put on. I hate the thought of having to re-do that sucker. There is next to zero clearance for some of the fasteners involved. More swearing to follow.

...edit... Bags installed! No Fender Elim removal required - but the bracket that holds the two sides together looks kinda funky in front of the fender elim. I painted it to match the bike and added the red reflector that used to live on the plastic OEM fender. It'll do until some LEO with nothing better to do sees otherwise. Then I suppose I'll have it cut down or something... I think overall they look FANTASTIC! Perfect color match! WOOOOT!!

gallery_12186_3289_126038.jpg

gallery_12186_3289_99219.jpg

gallery_12186_3289_120516.jpg

gallery_12186_3289_63701.jpg

yeah, you will have to remove and reinstall ithe Fender eliminatior, but it isn't too bad. You might also have to slightly modify the rear bracket that comes with the bags. Get 'em on and you'll love them. :thumbsup:

You probably could have gotten them from David Silver Spares in the UK for a shade over $500, delivered.

Though I'm not sure how the USD is faring against GBP these days........

Anyhow, looks great.

Now about the topbox........ smile.gif

• Member Contributer

Sweet. I like your taste. Could I interest you in silver painting the sidecovers? Get 'ya a can of Krylon Fusion silver, and carry the look through the bike. (.02). :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
Sweet. I like your taste. Could I interest you in silver painting the sidecovers? Get 'ya a can of Krylon Fusion ™ silver, and carry the look through the bike. (.02). :thumbsup:

Whatchoo talkin' bout? :pissed: ---paint the Pearl Black covers silver?? what?

Sweet. I like your taste. Could I interest you in silver painting the sidecovers? Get 'ya a can of Krylon Fusion ™ silver, and carry the look through the bike. (.02). :thumbsup:

Whatchoo talkin' bout? :pissed: ---paint the Pearl Black covers silver?? what?

The ones under the forward part of the seat, not the hardbags. See altered pic a couple posts above ^^^^^^^

• Member Contributer

I dunno Trav... makes the bike look longer somehow... :joystick:

yeah I'm thinkin I like it as-is really.

• Member Contributer

I dunno Trav... makes the bike look longer somehow... :joystick:

yeah I'm thinkin I like it as-is really.

Please, don't get me wrong. I like it, (As is)! :thumbsup:

Nice bags - those look pretty sharp. Leave that side piece alone. Now you are ready for some touring action. Glad to hear the dealership was good to you for once.

• Member Contributer
You probably could have gotten them from David Silver Spares in the UK for a shade over $500, delivered.
Nope, they don't have any NH-A64P color available. You could get the North American "silver" color for 175 pounds, but at 2.1 : 1 plus shipping (60 pounds) and customs (5%?)

*napkin calculations* yeah, about $520...but it wouldn't match your bike at all...

Bump! updated top post with pics! :thumbsup:

The hard bags look great! I also have an '06 and thinking about

getting the hard bags. One question, where did you get the silver

Honda sticker that's at the bottom of the fairing?

Marco

• Member Contributer

YEA what about that HONDA sticker? I like the look of the whole package, sticker and all! The black bags look fantastic. I know, I know you gotta keep up after black because it shows the dirt, but when it's clean there is nothing like it.

I had a chance to buy a Triumph with side cases, but all the reviews were bad. The worst part of the deal was the poorly designed, poorly build factory bags. The OEM Honda bags a seem to have a much better reputation and THAT single issue pushed me towards my VFR. Except for that poor fella in Bar Harbor Maine who seemed to have broken his key off in the lock I have NOT heard a single complaint from anyone. Good stuff.

Ahhhh, add some plastic protection film to the leading edge of the bags if you was that factory shine to last forever!

Good luck with you new luggage. Travel in style!

Gotta get me a honda sticker... really.

• Member Contributer

Marco

Thanks!

I ordered the HONDA decals from the dealer -- we got the part # from the '07 CBR600 in their parts catalog. It was a b*tch getting them to appear aligned with the horizon! But I love how it looks on there.

• Member Contributer
YEA what about that HONDA sticker? I like the look of the whole package, sticker and all! The black bags look fantastic. I know, I know you gotta keep up after black because it shows the dirt, but when it's clean there is nothing like it.

I had a chance to buy a Triumph with side cases, but all the reviews were bad. The worst part of the deal was the poorly designed, poorly build factory bags. The OEM Honda bags a seem to have a much better reputation and THAT single issue pushed me towards my VFR. Except for that poor fella in Bar Harbor Maine who seemed to have broken his key off in the lock I have NOT heard a single complaint from anyone. Good stuff.

Ahhhh, add some plastic protection film to the leading edge of the bags if you was that factory shine to last forever!

Good luck with you new luggage. Travel in style!

Gotta get me a honda sticker... really.

Thanks! Last year I sold my BMW K1200RS (then was bikeless for the year). August, I got into this VFR (my first VFR) which I bought without even test-riding. Just going on reputation alone. Now that I've had it for a few months I KNOW I made the right choice. Everything about it suits me. The point was proven yesterday when the BMW dealer (a good friend of mine) called me with an unbelievable deal on a K1200S they "stole" and I said, without hesitation, "no thanks I love my new bike".

Putting the bags on last evening only solidified my statement. It's a piece of artwork that begs to be ridden. I'm sold!

You sold your K ??? I still have mine (01) !

This bike is a blast to ride .. Have fun .

I've been debating getting hard bags , but with the K still in the garage ,,,, If I need to pack for a trip , I'll take the K .

Marco

Thanks!

I ordered the HONDA decals from the dealer -- we got the part # from the '07 CBR600 in their parts catalog. It was a b*tch getting them to appear aligned with the horizon! But I love how it looks on there.

Still have that part # ???

Archived