Honda Oem Hard Bags For 6th Gen

pbmax

• Member Contributer
Nice looking BMW in the background of the bottom shot.

yeah, it's a fantastic car. my second e46 3 series coupe - and it too qualifies as art. :D if ya gotta drive a cage, might as well be one that sets your hair on fire! My hair is burnin! heheheheee...

• Member Contributer
Bump! updated top post with pics! :thumbsup:

The hard bags look great! I also have an '06 and thinking about

getting the hard bags. One question, where did you get the silver

Honda sticker that's at the bottom of the fairing?

Marco

Thanks!

I ordered the HONDA decals from the dealer -- we got the part # from the '07 CBR600 in their parts catalog. It was a b*tch getting them to appear aligned with the horizon! But I love how it looks on there.

Still have that part # ???

oh h3lls no! I threw the packaging plastics out the day I slapped 'em on the bike. I can call my pal at the dealership though. Get back to you on this one...

• Member Contributer
Bump! updated top post with pics! :thumbsup:

The hard bags look great! I also have an '06 and thinking about

getting the hard bags. One question, where did you get the silver

Honda sticker that's at the bottom of the fairing?

Marco

Thanks!

I ordered the HONDA decals from the dealer -- we got the part # from the '07 CBR600 in their parts catalog. It was a b*tch getting them to appear aligned with the horizon! But I love how it looks on there.

Still have that part # ???

oh h3lls no! I threw the packaging plastics out the day I slapped 'em on the bike. I can call my pal at the dealership though. Get back to you on this one...

Sorry took me a few days to get back to you - got the part #'s today though:

64311-MFJ-D00ZD (right side)

64312-MFJ-D00ZD (left side)

They list for $9.87 each - I think I paid $8.88 a piece. Worth every penny IMHO. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

I have to say that every time I see those 6th gen bags, I start to wonder if I need to upgrade/move to a new platform. :unsure:

Anybody got pics of a 25th Anniversary with bags???

• Member Contributer
Anybody got pics of a 25th Anniversary with bags???

Check MrPheer's gallery. :thumbsup:

OK I poached one! Thank you MrPheer gallery! Fantastic! Maybe I don't need to wait for a Dream 7th Gen?

vfrbags1.jpg

• Member Contributer
Do they have black HONDA decals? Thanks.

No fargin idear. I saw the silver and like the silver so I got the silver. ^_^

Guest Blackhorse

Hi Guys

I've also got a set of OEM luggage that i bought from Ebay, I have spoken my local Honda dealer who can order me the extra brackets that did'nt come with the panniers, however I have a couple of questions and I need some help....PLLLLEEEAAASSSEE

Firstly, the bolts that go through the rear grab handles are replaced with longer ones when the luggage is fitted, what I need to know is how long they are, I wonder if someone could measure one for me?

Secondly, can a passenger fit on the bike with the luggage fitted?

Answers would be greatly appreciated

thanks

• Member Contributer
Hi Guys

I've also got a set of OEM luggage that i bought from Ebay, I have spoken my local Honda dealer who can order me the extra brackets that did'nt come with the panniers, however I have a couple of questions and I need some help....PLLLLEEEAAASSSEE

Firstly, the bolts that go through the rear grab handles are replaced with longer ones when the luggage is fitted, what I need to know is how long they are, I wonder if someone could measure one for me?

Secondly, can a passenger fit on the bike with the luggage fitted?

Answers would be greatly appreciated

thanks

I'm at work right now and don't have access to the materials list but...

The bolts were slightly longer - to account for the additional distance the bars and padding piece add. Don't recall for certain what the length of these bolts are - but I will check my installation sheet when I get home today. Post results later this evening - unless someone else beats me to it.

And yes, absolutely you can ride 2-up with OEM luggage. It's mounted far enough back that the leading edge of the cases creates a natural leg position for the passenger.

Archived