Trouble Getting Pilot Powers?

turtlecreek

I ordered the pilot powers from the ridenow.com special price deal that was posted here. price is great, but i still have not received my front tire. :warranty: the rear came 2 days ago. i saw in the canadian post about PP's that they were having trouble getting fronts which leads me to ask:

is anyone else having issues with delivery when ordering 120/70's on line?

my local dealer has them and i could go get them there, but i keep thinking 'today will be the day' that they show up....

• Member Contributer
The front was even from France, so not on the recall list. smile.gif

Are you sure? I thought it was the French made tires that were recalled.

Yea, French ones are the ones recalled. The ones from Spain are the good ones.

:D it is not ALL the ones from france though....check the mfg number on the tire to see if within the series in question.

so what i am seeing is you are having no problems getting DEFECTIVE tires.... :lol:

:D it is not ALL the ones from france though....check the mfg number on the tire to see if within the series in question.

so what i am seeing is you are having no problems getting DEFECTIVE tires.... :lol:

Oooops, they must have been from Spain. I couldn't remember and didn't want to run out to the garage to look. I verified they weren't recalled before mounting them though. :thumbsup:

Just was checking to see if anyone was paying attention. :warranty:

My Honda dealer still does not have my replacement 2CT front. They tell me it should be in around the last week in August. Most distributors had to empty the shelves and restock.

• Member Contributer
I ordered the pilot powers from the ridenow.com special price deal that was posted here. price is great, but i still have not received my front tire. :unsure: the rear came 2 days ago. i saw in the canadian post about PP's that they were having trouble getting fronts which leads me to ask:

my local dealer has them and i could go get them there, but i keep thinking 'today will be the day' that they show up....

Curious, why you didn't order another set of M3's? Thought you liked them. Be nice now..... :thumbsup:

I ordered the pilot powers from the ridenow.com special price deal that was posted here. price is great, but i still have not received my front tire. :unsure: the rear came 2 days ago. i saw in the canadian post about PP's that they were having trouble getting fronts which leads me to ask:

Curious, why you didn't order another set of M3's? Thought you liked them. Be nice now..... :thumbsup:

I LOVE the M3's. I have 2 sets of m3's for my track bike (already burned one set of PP's)

that being said, i have come to the conclusion that as good as the m3's and pp's seem to be, i would need to try both out on my VFR to see which i like better. i have already run both the PP's and the M3's on my track bike and both worked great. I have put a new PP rear and a track take off PP on the front (as i still dont have my fricken new PP front) and will be doing a 300mi round trip run tomorrow (heading to cookeville to see a friend of mine's father who is taken ill). Assuming I like them as much as the M3's on the VFR, it will give me 2 options at whichever is available/cheaper to go with.

Having only run a short distance on them, my initial impression is: the PP's profile is quicker to fall over, but once over, you reach the edge quicker, whereas the M3 is a more constant lean over and it goes to a more extreme angle prior to hitting the edge of the tire. I don't know which is better, I just know what I see/feel. If my impression holds up and assuming the mileage is equal on both, I think I will prefer the M3. As heavy as the VFR is, I didn't like the feel of it 'falling over' and would much rather have the slower/finer control of the m3.

anyways, probably more than you wanted to know. i see another tire thread in my near future!!

I had new pilot powers put on last week, and went through the same thing with the dealers about the front.

I did find a 120/60 and went with it. I rode it in the twisties over the weekend, and loved the way it handled

with the 120/60, it is much more quicker in the curves.

• Member Contributer

I gave up on my Pilot Powers order because RideNow could NOT deliver. Nice people... no stock on an advertised special - what is that all about? I'll wait for the 2ct R O A D and see what happens.

The recall on the PP's is for real. It's not some posting on the internet. I got a letter in the mail the other day from Michelin North America. I had bought mine at Cycle Gear and apparently they register the purchaser of each tire with the supplier/manufacturer. I haven't checked mine yet to see I got one of the affected ones.

• Member Contributer
I gave up on my Pilot Powers order because RideNow could NOT deliver. Nice people... no stock on an advertised special - what is that all about? I'll wait for the 2ct R O A D and see what happens.

There is a secret rule in the motorcycle tire business.

It says that NOBODY is allowed to stay in the business for more than one year. That way there is never a realistic response for the shortages that occur every summer and have done so for years.

Archived