Mod: Garage Door Opener Anyone?

meddle1999

• Member Contributer

I had an extra remote and some time on my hands... total investment was around 3 bucks for push button....

gallery_10917_2781_76037.jpg

HPIM0170.jpg

I opened up the remote and desoldered the stock button. I then soldered a new wire onto the board. (I had a brad harrison connector lying around but any connector will work.

gallery_10917_2781_3767.jpg

HPIM0165.jpg

here is the other end of connector mounted to small momentary button (radio shack)

gallery_10917_2781_18227.jpg

HPIM0167.jpg

here is mating end attached to opener case.

gallery_10917_2781_22181.jpg

HPIM0173.jpg

Here is unit mounted behind instrument cluster

gallery_10917_2781_7174.jpg

HPIM0171.jpg

Small hole drilled in dash cover to accept button.

gallery_10917_2781_4440.jpg

HPIM0174.jpg

Finished!!

This mod was cheap easy and works awesome!!! hope i inspired some fellow gearheads.

Edited by meddle1999

• Member Contributer

very nice! Thats about what I ought to shoot for but my opener sits so nicely in the clear map pocket next to the mp3 player and has a 1" square button. :thumbsup: So I haven't been motivated to hide it... but I will soon. Gotta switch to a smaller tank bag so that I can shoot the twisties with some actual form. This mod would actually help improve my riding form! Okay I just found my motivation. :idea3:

• Member Contributer

My ex-wife simply used my 1961 H-D Panhead to open it...right through the fiberglass while I was at work............... <_< ....shoulda' been grounds at the time............. :idea3:

• Member Contributer
My ex-wife simply used my 1961 H-D Panhead to open it...right through the fiberglass while I was at work............... <_< ....shoulda' been grounds at the time............. :unsure:

I did the same thing myself with a brand new John Deer mower... DOHHH!!!!!