Carrozzeria Alu Wheel Set: Vfr800

Veefer800Canuck

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. We need a start to finish build thread on that baby!

Drop it in the "other than Vfrs" section!

I'm all kinds of jealous about that hawk. Is it still a 650 or are you dropping a transalp motor in there? Isn't that same motor available as an 800 from Honda? I forget which model though! Euro only maybe?

Africa Twin motor is 750 Biggest one you can bolt in) but they are hard to get here in US since they never sold here. I would refer the whole bike anyway, big fan of Honda, want to have almost every one in my garage :)

That one is +3mm bore (697cc+/-) with over-sized valves and Megacycle cams, IIRC 76 hp with stock carbs back in '99 when the motor was done. Since then it was raced and overheated once so it seemed few ponies down last I raced it in 2000.

Sat in storage for 10 years (got married) but when I took it out last fall it was as fast as I remember it, effortless power-wheelies. Amazing thing is that it still has same gas I put in it October 2000, fired right up with fresh battery, did not even have to clean carbs.

I hope to get it finished this winter but I have to get NSR back together first, also swap the motor on 1KR. Have few other projects too, never enough time

Edited by Dmitry