Carrozzeria Alu Wheel Set: Vfr800

Veefer800Canuck

This single nut conversion hub was on Ebay last week for 175.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...0398&rd=1,1

Funny, that looks just like an RC30 hb/axle... David Silver Spares sold me one for UKP60 + VAT not too long ago. ($160 @ Ron Ayers).

Ciao,

That's good to know, no wonder he didn't get any bids on it then. <_<

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Just checked back in on their site and the VFR has been removed from the application chart. It would seem they were unsuccessful in creating the wheels.

AHA, look here: http://www.forged-wheel.com/News.htm

HONGallery117.JPG

HONGallery110.JPG

HONGallery111.JPG

HONGallery112.JPG

HONGallery113.JPG

HONGallery114.JPG

HONGallery115.JPG

HONGallery116.JPG

CARROZZERIA FORGED VFR800 WORKS KIT

HONDA VFR800 VTEC

CARROZZERIA VSTAR FORGED WHEELS

3.50/5.50-17 (Single Sided)

CZ CUSTOM AXLE ADAPTER

GALFER FRONT WAVE ROTORS (not pictured)

PRICE STARTING @$2450.00

LIMITED QUANTITY, WHILE SUPPLIES LAST

AVAILABLE IN POWDERCOATED OR ANODIZED FINISHES

Just when I got all comfortable living indoors and married. :pissed:

Larry

VFRrider

haha I wonder if they will take the wife an a trade, they look (sorry can't think of words).

Even if I could scratch up that much dough, I'd have a hard time picking a color.

mccoy11.jpg

That's the easy part.......

BOMBSHELL BLONDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :salesman: :salesman:

Is that the drugs or does that look like Christina Applegate???? AAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOO...... :pissed:

Champagne tastes on a beer budget though...... sad.gif

Don't worry, Larry. At that price, there's STILL gonna be a market for 8 Spokers. :thumbsup:

She/they/whatever sure look sweet. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It would be so sweet to get the specs on that axle adapter... I've got 4 brand spankin' new CNC mills to program... ^_^

Have I told you I hate you, but think you would need a lathe for that job <_<

Since I got out of that industry I used to be foremen/manager of a machine shop where we made all alloy parts & never once needed to make stuff for bikes as in those days you just did a custom spay job, polished a few things & that was about it, now every second day I want to make something :pissed:

If I had the room I would own a lathe & bridgeport mill, but alas I can only fit the bikes & cars I own just so no chance in hell unless a fairy god mother buys me a bigger home.

• Member Contributer
It would be so sweet to get the specs on that axle adapter... I've got 4 brand spankin' new CNC mills to program... ^_^

Probably won't help. It's likely the design of the wheel that allows it to clear the rear brake caliper, so you would still have to use a Carrozzeria wheel designed specifically for the VFR800 unless they are using one of their wheels designed for a Ducati.

The only other rear wheel that will clear the VFR800's OEM rear caliper/rotor is Dymag's Sport Magnesium. And you still need a modified axle (no longer available through Dymag) or axle adapter or whatnot.

Alternately, you could buy a set from Carrozzeria and try returning them after you had programmed the whole thing into autoCAD...just be prepared to make the wheels too, though.

Probably won't help. It's likely the design of the wheel that allows it to clear the rear brake caliper, so you would still have to use a Carrozzeria wheel designed specifically for the VFR800 unless they are using one of their wheels designed for a Ducati.

The only other rear wheel that will clear the VFR800's OEM rear caliper/rotor is Dymag's Sport Magnesium. And you still need a modified axle (no longer available through Dymag) or axle adapter or whatnot.

Alternately, you could buy a set from Carrozzeria and try returning them after you had programmed the whole thing into autoCAD...just be prepared to make the wheels too, though.

It's already been stated(possibly in another thread), that this adapter was modeled after Triumph's setup, so one might be able to bolt up a Triumph rear. I wonder if the part # for the wheel cross-references with their Triumph wheel?

In any case, not having to pay their price for the adapter would get me that much farther ahead, eh?

I still have our discussion of the conversion saved, and while I would still like to keep the linked brakes, I would give them up to get the wheel I want. The 3 spoke rears are my least favorite, the PVM 10Y's are my #1, with the new Duc 1098 wheel a close second. Any CBR600F4 wheel with similar design can fill in the front.

I'd love to try and mill my own wheels! Trouble is getting that huge block of aluminum to start with! :beer:

ps - I have a spare 5th gen axle I'm saving to try and make the conversion with at some point, just don't know when I'll get time for it.

• Member Contributer
It's already been stated(possibly in another thread), that this adapter was modeled after Triumph's setup, so one might be able to bolt up a Triumph rear. I wonder if the part # for the wheel cross-references with their Triumph wheel?

Have you ever looked at a Triumph final drive up close ? It is almost a carbon copy of the Honda's, except for brake linkage. I bet the whole thing would slide right into a '98+ VFR800 swingarm all nice like. Have to compare the two side-to-side or take some measurements but... :beer:

bike.jpg

Have you ever looked at a Triumph final drive up close ? It is almost a carbon copy of the Honda's, except for brake linkage. I bet the whole thing would slide right into a '98+ VFR800 swingarm all nice like. Have to compare the two side-to-side or take some measurements but... :beer:

I haven't but it sounds like you just had a revelation? +1.gif

:idea3: Let's get Skuuter to tear into his Speed Triple!! :goofy:

They (Carrozeria) unfortunately do not have a great reputation amongst the sportbike community. Their initial output sportbike wheels had several problems, such as difficulty in mounting/demounting of tires, and as I've personally experienced, shoddy anodising on a set of gold Z1000 wheels (they ended up being returned to the retailer that sold it).

I do hope they've pulled their act together though. They should have, by now.

Read about it here:

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.ph...els#post2569825

and here:

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214824

There are a couple of other threads that I came across, but these are what I can remember. Approach these wheels with extreme caution, IMO.

• 1 year later...
Guest Grayghost08

I have had these wheels on a ZRX1200 and they were fantastic! Awesome finish, customer service was good and tire mounting was easy, beeads popped on with 45 psi. The only issues: The valve stems they sent suck. I knew this and ordered Triumph 90 deg stems.