Veefer800Canuck

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member Contributer
Ahh, nice!!

The site says for double side s/a though? :wub:

I :goofy: the PVM "10Y" wheels... would have to convert to single nut though... my792%20(4).JPG

+1.gif

Those wheels are amazing. Did you get that from the Kawi site? I have a similar picture stored on my computer.

2003305969053903331_rs.jpg

Those wheels are amazing. Did you get that from the Kawi site? I have a similar picture stored on my computer.

Nope, I snatched that pic right from the source, www.borderlinecustomcycle.com. look under the "projects" link. It's a 1992 ZX7 with MV Agusta body, R1 tail, Duc swingarm, ohlins, aluminum tank, and nitrous... :joystick: :thumbsup:

Newly Designed Wheel for Honda VFR800 F4i in 3.5/5.5 x17

They've been reading VFRD!!!

That black bike is spectacular - can't pick the frame. but it has MV Agusta fairings with R1 tail on custom subframe...

Edit: a few posts in since I was writing mine... ZX-7R eh? Always liked them, and I'd love to build one up like that thing! Big bucks though.

• Member Contributer

I think their site is wrong. It is listed for a double swing arm, lists as fitting F4i also, and shows a wheel that uses bearings and has the sprocket mounted to it.

I think their site is wrong. It is listed for a double swing arm, lists as fitting F4i also, and shows a wheel that uses bearings and has the sprocket mounted to it.

On their own website, they show SSSA wheels, but they appear to be single nut designs with 4 drive pins.

Might have to do a spindle conversion....

http://www.forged-wheel.com/vstarsingle.htm

• Member Contributer

It says in the application chart for the Vstar forged wheels VFR800 (06) see below. C'mon let it be true baby needs new shoes!!!

HONDA

MODEL SIZE FRONT/REAR INCHES PART NUMBER

600 F4I 3.50/5.50-17 HON6FVS-

CBR600RR 3.50/5.50-17 HON6RVS-

CBR1000RR 3.50/6.00-17 HON10RVS-

CBR1000RR (wide) 3.50/6.25-17 HON12RVS-

VTR1000 SP/RC51 3.50/6.00-17 HONRC0VS-

VTR1000 SP/RC51 (wide) 3.50/6.25-17 HONRC2VS-

CBR929/954 RR R 3.50/6.00-17 HON950VS-

CBR929/954 RR (wide) 3.50/6.25-17 HON952VS-

VFR800 (06) 3.50/6.00-17 HONV8VS-

VTX1800 3.50/6.00-18 HONV0VS-

VTX1800 (wide) 3.50/8.50-18 HONV8VS-

XR650 SUPERMOTARD WORKS KIT* 3.50/4.75-17 HONXR6WK-

CRF450 SUPERMOTARD WORKS KIT* 3.50/4.75-17 HONCR4WK-

• Member Contributer

Nope, I snatched that pic right from the source, www.borderlinecustomcycle.com. look under the "projects" link. It's a 1992 ZX7 with MV Agusta body, R1 tail, Duc swingarm, ohlins, aluminum tank, and nitrous... :joystick: :thumbsup:

Wonder what it sounds like? Look Ma'.....no cans!!!!!!!!!

• Member Contributer

I think the additional cost is brought about by the fact the rear hub has an adapter to fit a Duc wheel with a single nut eliminating the four nuts of the VFR. I will post up a picture after I get back from Spring Mtn. race tract this weekend. I have run out of time and will miss out on using them at the track..

I have been working with Mr. Wakamatsu for about a year now trying to get this off the grount.

He first made a die for the Duck, and rather than go to that expense again he decided on the wheel adapter out of chrome molly.

Tooslow: that's awesome that you've gotten this rolling.

There may be some takers out there, especially the FrankenViffer crowd.

But not me, I like living in my house and sleeping in my own bed, right Neal?

I think the additional cost is brought about by the fact the rear hub has an adapter to fit a Duc wheel with a single nut eliminating the four nuts of the VFR. I will post up a picture after I get back from Spring Mtn. race tract this weekend. I have run out of time and will miss out on using them at the track..

I have been working with Mr. Wakamatsu for about a year now trying to get this off the grount.

He first made a die for the Duck, and rather than go to that expense again he decided on the wheel adapter out of chrome molly.

This is an amazingly good piece of news!! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

Someday, hopefully, I'll get around to doing the single-nut hub mod, so I can slap on a rear mag wheel to match the Marchesini mag front I have on there now. It's incredible how much turn-in and steering effort are improved by slapping on a lighter hoop, so if I can remove even more rotating weight from the rear (combined with suspension mods), this bike will be an absolute dream to ride.

PS -- the linked picture was taken moments after I got the bike together, so please refrain from the usual poultry-related comments... :D

• Member Contributer
Someday, hopefully, I'll get around to doing the single-nut hub mod, so I can slap on a rear mag wheel to match the Marchesini mag front I have on there now. It's incredible how much turn-in and steering effort are improved by slapping on a lighter hoop, so if I can remove even more rotating weight from the rear (combined with suspension mods), this bike will be an absolute dream to ride.

PS -- the linked picture was taken moments after I got the bike together, so please refrain from the usual poultry-related comments... :D

Grrrrr, get back to work on that supercharger dammit!! :goofy:

:beer:

• Member Contributer
This single nut conversion hub was on Ebay last week for 175.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...0398&rd=1,1

Funny, that looks just like an RC30 hb/axle... David Silver Spares sold me one for UKP60 + VAT not too long ago. ($160 @ Ron Ayers).

Ciao,