No Exhaust Vid

Guest porgie84

Guest porgie84

th_HPIM0823.jpg

gutting my exhaust and started her up just to see what it sounded like. i 'll post pic on how i did my gut

Edited by porgie84

Guest Badazzteacher

I'm glad you posted that. I was wondering what the bike would sound like with the cans off! I was planning on trying that out too, when I change my tires in a few weeks. Cool sounding....like a hot rod.

• Member Contributer

I would run it like that, but I dont know if there'd be enough back pressure for the engine and I sure as hell dont want to burn up some valves.

You could just go to autozone and get a bent tail exit and face the exit towards the back. I might try that.

And for the noise police, there are Harley/cruisers louder than our bikes. My mom's neighbor just busted out his harley and I swear its just pipes. Dam that thing was so loud it made my ears hurt and I was more than 30 ft away and he was getting farther away.

I ran mine for a few miles with no exhaust. Like a damn stock car.

I dont understand why people pull the tail section off. The exhaust can be removed very easily without taking it off.

Edited by soichiro

Guest HAVINGFUN

Ok so if you take the cans off, you drop 19.1 lbs. With a power commander you could up the fuel to off set the lean condition. What are the down falls besides being loud?

Ok so if you take the cans off, you drop 19.1 lbs. With a power commander you could up the fuel to off set the lean condition. What are the down falls besides being loud?

The police... +1.gif

Seriously, downsides could include: loss of mis-range, loss of fuel economy, looks fugly (IMHO), and getting hassled by the police. :goofy: