Someone Please Decide For Me

chris2992

• Member Contributer
Ravi, Rice and my Wife convinced me to go ahead and get the nicer unit, rather than buy a lower level unit for a little less money and be less satisfied. So I picked up a Garmin Nuvi 350 for none less than $350 bucks on ebay. Thanks for all the input guys, report coming when it comes in.

Well done. Does Mapsource come with it?

• Member Contributer
Ravi, Rice and my Wife convinced me to go ahead and get the nicer unit, rather than buy a lower level unit for a little less money and be less satisfied. So I picked up a Garmin Nuvi 350 for none less than $350 bucks on ebay. Thanks for all the input guys, report coming when it comes in.

Well done. Does Mapsource come with it?

I'm not sure, it sais that it comes with everything that I need. So I guess I'll see when it comes in. What exactly is map source?

• Member Contributer

Should looked @ 360 unless u don;t want cell phone wile riding i love that i can everything going with 1 conection i'm working on making a cable for Lolan helmet so i can user the mic that comes with Nuvi NE way good pick u'll love it

• Member Contributer

Everything plugs into my communication system, so the cell phone option really didn't matter to me. Plus I was on a fairly tight buget that I blew out of the water to get that one, but I'm sure you all know how that goes.

• Member Contributer

Good Choice make sure you go to Nuvi website and update it and get your slef some SD cards as BIG u can beasue then U can just copy Mp3 pics and just have lots funn.....

• Member Contributer

Good wife :thumbsup:

Mine would have told me to use paper maps or my imagination +1.gif

You will not be disappointed.

Bought one of these myself. Got a ram mount form cyclegadgets and intstalled it this weekend Very cool. It is a neat unit. I even downloaded the red motorcycle for the icon. The mount seems secure.

I'm not sure, it sais that it comes with everything that I need. So I guess I'll see when it comes in. What exactly is map source?

The Nuvi doesn't come with Mapsource. Mapsource enables you to plan a route in great detail on your PC and upload the route to your GPS unit. This way you can also share routes with others.

Also have a look at the topic by BonusVFR about the Garmin Zumo where he explains how to plan route on a PC and using Mapsource or other third party software: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...st&p=359718

Mapsource can also be used to manage your POIs, tracks & tracklogs.

• Member Contributer

The Nuvi doesn't come with Mapsource. Mapsource enables you to plan a route in great detail on your PC and upload the route to your GPS unit. This way you can also share routes with others.

Also have a look at the topic by BonusVFR about the Garmin Zumo where he explains how to plan route on a PC and using Mapsource or other third party software: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...st&p=359718

Mapsource can also be used to manage your POIs, tracks & tracklogs.

Yeah, this is the only downside of Nuvi. IF you want to be able to do the POIs and other such planning.

For me this was not an issue because I never wanted to do any of these things. I wanted my GPS to be as simple to use as possible. It's like with cameras... Some folks buy a fancy camera and learn all the thousands of features and make some great shots with it. I prefer to point and shoot.

Archived