Voltmeters Again.

Silver#788

• Member Contributer

Seems the few things about voltmeters that we had died in the last few rebuilds of the website. I am looking for a voltmeter for my 98 and am not sure what to buy. A local place can order me a custom one in any size and range I want. So if I order one what range do I want it to have. Also can anyone provide me with a link to the ones they use. Thanks again for all the good help you guys provide. George

• Member Contributer

Do you connect the voltmeter positive lead to any positive bike lead, or is the wire choice critical?

• Member Contributer
Silver,

I installed a Datel Digital Voltmeter in the left dash panel on my '02, works great. A little difficult to see at times in direct sunlight, but not a biggie.

Check it out here... Datel Voltmeter

%201.gif I think they also make an LCD version that would probably be easier to read in sunlight, but would not be visible at night.

I double sided taped (is that a verb?) mine to my GPS RAM mount:

voltmeter1.jpg

voltmeter2.jpg

• Member Contributer
Do you connect the voltmeter positive lead to any positive bike lead, or is the wire choice critical?

Whatever circuit is switched with the ignition is fine. I used wire taps to connect to my existing GPS power wire.

I bought an I4C, which seems identical to the Datel unit (1/100 V resolution), but more spendy :rolleyes: . Has been pretty much flawless since the install.

The wiring has a polarity which is a no-brainer - hook it up backwards and the LEDs don't light <_< . I happened to hook it into a powerbar installed at my battery. But, I was more anal then than I am now. I'd follow jeremy556's approach.

• Member Contributer
Silver,

I installed a Datel Digital Voltmeter in the left dash panel on my '02, works great. A little difficult to see at times in direct sunlight, but not a biggie.

I just ordered a blue one.

• Member Contributer
Silver,

Well,........That answers that. Not antsie, are 'ya? LOL.

Silver,

You can see the blue installed here

• Member Contributer
Silver,

Well,........That answers that. Not antsie, are 'ya? LOL.

Very. Thanks for all the help guys.

Archived