Seb's Usa Tour- Report Is Finally Done! Read Me!

• Member Contributer

Need more pics / info....you're banned from posting on other topics 'till the total adventure is up.......the 7000 miles took less time............KIDDING, but waiting... :lurk: :beer:

I ended up putting in my longest day to date on the trip, riding I-40 west all the way to Shawnee, Oklahoma. 714 miles!

gallery_5444_2144_121308.jpg

USA TOUR 2006 058.jpg Overlook in Arkansas, weather was nicer than it looks.

gallery_5444_2144_100750.jpg

USA TOUR 2006 061.jpg Welcome to Oklahoma, fasten your helmets and don your rain gear!

gallery_5444_2144_97491.jpg

USA TOUR 2006 062.jpg It cleared up after the third downpour... this is near Lake Eufala

gallery_5444_2144_106809.jpg

USA TOUR 2006 063.jpg Same place, different camera setting.

I stayed at the Super 8 in Shawnee, where I got myself the last ground floor room for $55, even though it was a smoking room, just so I wouldn't have to take the time to lock the bike up smile.gif

USATOUR2006067.jpg

Turns out doing this made the room smell better too!

• Member Contributer

Hey Seb,

Good stuff! Thanks for posting the pics... great trip!!

I did part of that route in a cage coming back from Cali last year - you're right, coming through Texas

was the "lowlight" of the trip.

Mark

• Member Contributer
I hate to sound like I am knocking Texas, I would love to see more of the state, and I hear you guys do have some really nice roads! I was on a limited timeframe, and someone had told me that the other option of taking 40-30-20-10 would have been worse, is that true?

Knock Texas all you want....I go to Arkansas to ride!! :goofy:

40,30,20,10...worse??

Probably about the same just hectic going through DFW. Everything West of there is just darn boring. The Eastern half and the hillcountry near San Antonio are pretty good though. :thumbsup:

I ended up putting in my longest day to date on the trip, riding I-40 west all the way to Shawnee, Oklahoma. 714 miles!

USATOUR2006067.jpg

Turns out doing this made the room smell better too!

Hey I hope you dont mind but i want to use this pic as an avatar entitled (Sleepy Viffer)

• Member Contributer

Great adventure...great lay out / narration. Can't wait for the next installment !!!... :beer: :lurk: :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

To continue, on Wednesday I knocked out all of Missouri and Illinois, and half of Indiana before reaching the southern end (Exit 1) of I-69 in(near?) Indianapolis. Once I got there, I gave jstanwood(Jon) a ring, as per his request. Luckily he was home, and able to come and hang out for a bit. We had a grand ole time and must have talked for over an hour, before I realized that I had lost an hour upon entering Indiana(Eastern time zone)! I told him about all the miles I rode each day, and how the weather had been, and he thought the whole thing was just udder madness!

gallery_5444_2144_156003.jpg

Udder Madness!!.jpg

:goofy:

I remember he was really excited about riding down to TN for the Fall Dragon meet, and happy to find out about my appreciation for the NACA duct! :P Here's a shot of our bikes, we were trying to find an I-69 sign to park under, but the highway looked kinda busy <_< :D

Jon rode north with me for a ways, I was headed for Marion, to stay with some relatives for my last night on the road, and I really appreciated the company! After we split, I railed up I-69, I only dipped under triple digits a couple times for traffic, I felt bad keeping my uncle(in-law) up waiting for me. I rolled into his driveway right around 11:00pm, with a 650 mile total registering on the odometer. Whew! It was time for bed!! :goofy:

ps- Jon, I think a couple of guys from a Harley forum might have met in the same spot we did! Check the concrete! LOL!

gallery_5444_2144_110203.jpg

Generation gap.jpg

Archived