Pirelli Diablo Strada mileage?

AuburnVFR

Now that they've been out for a while, I was wondering what type of mileage folks have been getting from the Strada.

I have @3600 miles on my first strada, but it's wearing pretty quick now. I'll probably be able to get about 4k from it. I really like the tire, no issue with grip, but I guess I was hoping for a few more miles from it (better that the 2500 mi for the regular Diablo though).

• Member Contributer

Interesting timing as I have a new set of Stadas sitting here waiting to go on the bike, I got about 10 or 12,000 Kms out of my last set of 020's and hoping for about the same from the Strada's but with better front grip and less cupping.

I put about 8,000 miles on a rear and 13,000 miles out of a front. I completely used up the rear. A word of caution. Since the rear tire does not have any stiping, you do not know exactly how much rubber you have left. When I got done, I had one patch where the cords were showing through after a spirited ride.

• Member Contributer

5,000 from the rear and maybe 8,000 front. Love these tires, excellent traction wet and dry. I was hoping to get more mileage from them though so I'm about to try Pilot power front and Pilot road rear. Eventually I'll find the perfect setup for aggressive riding and long life for commutes.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer
Sorry Matt! sad.gif

I'm spoiled!!!

Yeah, me too, and to make it even worse, my wife has me spoiled pretty good too.

I live on a mountain side, so the twisties start either to the left or right of the end of my driveway. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?

I typically ride down the mountain out of my neighborhood, a flat and straight quarter mile to gas up, then up and through the twisties of a mountain then down to get out of town before the tires and engine have had a real chance to warm up. I know, it can't last forever because it's too good to be true. I've usually hit the edge of a cold rear tire before I even leave the city limits. I get plenty of practice on cold tires..... :wheel:

It ain't right, just ain't right....I know.... wink.gif

• 5 months later...

I just put a new Diablo Supersport? on the rear, after about 250 miles I am not confident with me, I felt it slide on my last ride, it had been scrubbed in good and had a good 150 miles on it at that point. I won't discount this tire yet. It was only about 70 degrees that day. I felt it slip before the first 100 miles was completed as well. How are everyone elses Diablos treating them?

I just put a new Diablo Supersport? on the rear, after about 250 miles I am not confident with me, I felt it slide on my last ride, it had been scrubbed in good and had a good 150 miles on it at that point. I won't discount this tire yet. It was only about 70 degrees that day. I felt it slip before the first 100 miles was completed as well. How are everyone elses Diablos treating them?

What is a Diablo Supersport ??? Never heard of one! :unsure:

Diablo

Diablo Strada

Diablo Corsa

?

Have never had any of these step out when new or cold, the Strada did start stepping out a few times after around half life.

5,000 from the rear and maybe 8,000 front. Love these tires, excellent traction wet and dry. I was hoping to get more mileage from them though so I'm about to try Pilot power front and Pilot road rear. Eventually I'll find the perfect setup for aggressive riding and long life for commutes.

For me the Strade was a Much better tire on the rear then the P Road, if you push at all I think the Roads Suck w/no positive feedback!

I've about used up my Stradas. I currently have 9000 miles on them. Absolutely awesome tire. The rear tire didn't cup on me until about 7000 miles, but that was my own fault (sustained high-speeds are not good for a tire). I did managed to round them back out after hitting some corners with Silver788, Fallzboater, Ez_Tuner, et al.

• Member Contributer

Do you mean a SUPERCORSA? If you put that on your ride you made a huge mistake those are track only and not DOT legal tires and are only good for a few heat cycles or about 200 miles. Pretty much so the tire is shot already.

Do you mean a SUPERCORSA? If you put that on your ride you made a huge mistake those are track only and not DOT legal tires and are only good for a few heat cycles or about 200 miles. Pretty much so the tire is shot already.

Actually I have been running my Super Corsa take-offs on my VFR with no adverse effects and I feel what my tires are doing. Avg. 800-1000 miles from a set! :thumbsup:

Do not try this at home! :P

• Member Contributer

5,996 mi. LOVE 'EM. Got a lot left, on them too.

15k kms on the rear - that's all the way to bad bits showing through the rubber.

this is on two separate diablo strada rears. fronts don't cup like other tires i've used, either.

great grip... they'll hold up to anything i'd ask them to do on the street.

• Member Contributer

Damn, you guys must ride on roads made of feathers!

My rear Strada is about toasted at 3,300 miles...maybe another 100-200 left in it if I take it easy. That's the best milage I've had in a rear tire including Z-6's. How the hell you guys are getting double that and more is beyond me. :goofy: Yes, I usually run 42 psi in the rear. I wear the sides out as quickly as the center.

• Member Contributer
Actually I have been running my Super Corsa take-offs on my VFR with no adverse effects and I feel what my tires are doing. Avg. 800-1000 miles from a set! fing02.gif

Do not try this at home! tongue.gif

Yeah but 800 miles is two heat cycles for you!! Depending on road conditions I have seen people run take offs with no problems and others get 50 miles out of them. If you do a lot of straight line same speed riding burning up a pair of Super Corsas takes no time.

Yeah but 800 miles is two heat cycles for you!! Depending on road conditions I have seen people run take offs with no problems and others get 50 miles out of them. If you do a lot of straight line same speed riding burning up a pair of Super Corsas takes no time.

I would rather just run new PP every time, but I only avg. 4-5 rides out of a new set of PP's! :beer: If I can get a track day or two out of Race tires and then two rides out of them, I'm an efficent happy camper! :P

Race tires are Not ideal on the street, but I have very good feel in what my tires are doing and know when to back off if an issue pops up.(most of the time) :goofy:

I've read were Race tires are really only designed for ONE good heat cycle! :huh:

Archived