knee pucks...where to buy?

teleskier

• Member Contributer

Just got my new leather suit but even though its fantastic, it did not have knee pucks.

Where can I buy pucks with the velcro for attachment to my knees?

• Member Contributer
Just got my new leather suit but even though its fantastic, it did not have knee pucks.

Ebay if you want some inexpensive generic ones. Just about anywhere that sells leathers if you want brand name. Newenough has JR, Kneedraggers has most popular brands, eBay has a few brand names, etc.

• Member Contributer

thanks. just ordered from Newenough and made a contribution to the forum as well. Hope HS see's money from them.

• Member Contributer
thanks. just ordered from Newenough and made a contribution to the forum as well. Hope HS see's money from them.

B)

FWIW, if and when you need some more and if you have a Cycle Gear near you...the Motrax teardrop sliders have been rated well for slide and durability in one of the UK mags.

I've been using them for a while and they're holding up quite well.....lots of pavement action with lots of puck left :pissed:

They're also pretty affordable if I remember correctly :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

my first question is "why didn't they come with the suit?" i would call where you bought them and demand a set. at the price of good leathers the pucks should be provided and gold plated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my first question is "why didn't they come with the suit?" i would call where you bought them and demand a set. at the price of good leathers the pucks should be provided and gold plated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No no!

You need titanium plated knee pucks - the gold ones don't spark, but the titanium ones leave a very pretty trail of sparks behind them!

Hey tele - you seem to be spend a lot on bits'n'bobs and farkles and gear and spares lately - didja win the lotto or summat?

• Member Contributer
No no!

You need titanium plated knee pucks - the gold ones don't spark, but the titanium ones leave a very pretty trail of sparks behind them!

Hey tele - you seem to be spend a lot on bits'n'bobs and farkles and gear and spares lately - didja win the lotto or summat?

No didn't win the lottery but sold a bike and some inheritence. Most is invested but I reserved some to play with.

• Member Contributer
B)

FWIW, if and when you need some more and if you have a Cycle Gear near you...the Motrax teardrop sliders have been rated well for slide and durability in one of the UK mags.

the closest cycle gear to me is 6 hours south in San Jose. Thanks for the tip though. I really didn't want Joe Rocket logo on my knees but hey, they'll work.

• Member Contributer
we tend to use hockey pucks, duct taped to our knees up here.  But everyone has their preferences..... :P

yeah and the edges of the puckare textured for better grip. Atleast they used to be when i was a kid.

• Member Contributer
the closest cycle gear to me is 6 hours south in San Jose.  Thanks for the tip though.

No problem....Another thought...they may sell them online too?

we tend to use hockey pucks, duct taped to our knees up here.  But everyone has their preferences..... :P

Wussies!

We nail ours to our knees. But we don't have ice hockey here (actually, we probably do, but it makes my story better if I say we don't) so we use offcuts of 2x4. Wood is better, and more environmentally friendly.

Wussies!

We nail ours to our knees. But we don't have ice hockey here (actually, we probably do, but it makes my story better if I say we don't) so we use offcuts of 2x4. Wood is better, and more environmentally friendly.

Dang, you guys down under are very efficient! Not only are you being more friendly to the environment, but you're saving yourself a trip to the hospital by installing your own pins during your getoff! :P

:beer:

Archived