what to wear under your leathers?

teleskier

• Member Contributer

with the risk of getting personal here as well as posting a dumb questions, what do you all wear under your leathers?

I am thinking something that is thin, breathes well etc. like a pair of silk long johns.

• Member Contributer

If you are looking for summer stuff, look for something with coolmax.

Here is a link that I found a while back.

http://www.wickers.com/?GCID=S15577x001&KEYWORD=coolmax

I have something similar from Alpinestars that I got from Cyclegear. For some reason though Cyclegear can't get them anymore. They were discontinued last time I checked with Parts Unlimited which is Alpinestars sole US distributor.

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&...PAR_3060-0001_G

techrace_summertop_310x323.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&...PAR_3060-0007_G

techrace_thermalbottom_310x564.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

Jeans :rolleyes:

I actually bought my leathers large to fit over my work uniform, just havn't bought another set to go 'Just Riding' in.

• Member Contributer
Underarmor shorts and T-shirt.  Might pick up a longsleeve T and try that.

If you have a Bass Pro nearby they have a generic "Redhead" brand of underwear very much like the Underarmour but half the price. I got some to wear during hunting season and tried it a couple of weeks ago under the leathers. Works great!

It wicks away moisture, has odor fighting capabilities and makes it very easy to slip in or out of the leathers. Price was about $29 per piece. They also have a balaclava for about $14 IIRC.

• Member Contributer
why not just go camando?hehhe

Camando works great for everyday wear but I don't think under leathers that would work unless its my lady in a tight pair of black leather pants or very short leather skirt. God that makes me smile just thinking about it.... :D

My main concern was avoiding that sticky feeling from sweat even though leathers are lined plus keeping them cleaner inside. I have tons of bike shorts but again I think full length would be nicer and ease getting them on and off.

Camando works great for everyday wear but I don't think under leathers that would work unless its my lady in a tight pair of black leather pants or very short leather skirt. God that makes me smile just thinking about it.... :D

My main concern was avoiding that sticky feeling from sweat even though leathers are lined plus keeping them cleaner inside.  I have tons of bike shorts but again I think full length would be nicer and ease getting them on and off.

After looking at your gallery pictures, we are all smiling thinking about that :P

I second the Icebreaker undergarmets. www.icebreaker.com It's main asset is being breathable, and anti-microbial, combating bacteria and odours.

• Member Contributer

I've been hearing through the grapevine that some of the west coast VFR.D guys like wearing supportive undergarments under their leathers. Word is, they like these products best.

girdle.underbust.tn.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

• Member Contributer
After looking at your gallery pictures, we are all smiling thinking about that :P

I second the Icebreaker undergarmets.  www.icebreaker.com  It's main asset is being breathable, and anti-microbial, combating bacteria and odours.

Guess you will have to come to Reno then huh? Maybe there will be a vacant pole.....pole position that is for track day....yea right!!

I've been hearing through the grapevine that some of the west coast VFR.D guys like wearing supportive undergarments under their leathers.  Word is, they like these products best.

:lol:

I have a pair of under armor pants that make sliding the Honda pants on and off slick! I just wear a tee shirt or sweat shirt under my jacket.

• Member Contributer
I've been hearing through the grapevine that some of the west coast VFR.D guys like wearing supportive undergarments under their leathers.  Word is, they like these products best.

Hey dude, you promised not to show anyone that pick of me if I gave it to you :pissed: :goofy:

I've been wearing the UA stuff as well. I've tried some of the one piece unders like Receka/Taichi etc.(and they work well) but prefer the two piece UA's cause it's easier to, uhhhhhhh.......you know....do the business :D

Also if it's really cold it sucks to have to pull the top part off to go and then freeze.

The UA stuff(like the others mentioned) is very slick so it makes removing leathers very easy and it's also very thin so it doesn't get bulky underneath tight leathers.

• Member Contributer

My main concern was avoiding that sticky feeling from sweat even though leathers are lined plus keeping them cleaner inside.  I have tons of bike shorts but again I think full length would be nicer and ease getting them on and off.

Grrr baby, very grrr! Going camando is great until you get monkey butt. After 3 days in the saddle and more than 1500 miles it is definitely a good idea to have some kind of undergarment to avoid the perma smell that end up in your leathers.

• Member Contributer

No leathers, live in florida so i wear a mesh jacket.

Under Armour long sleeve shirt.

Under Armour boxer briefs

and 5.11 cool-max socks

Archived