Cool Tool Chest

vfrjim2002

• Member Contributer

For all you tool junkies out there. For the last couple of year I've been looking for a new roller cabinet/tool box to supplement my 30 year old Craftsman set with little sucess. The good stuff is way out of my budget, and what I can afford is REALLY cheesy. However, I recently ran across this 41 inch 304 Stainless Tool cabinet/chest combo. As it turns out Costco carries them for, what seems to me to be, the very reasonable price of $649.99. Sooo, last Saturday, a friend and I made the 800 mile round trip drive to Houston and bought 2 sets. So far I am very impressed with the quality. It's not a Matco or a Snap-on, but it beats anything else I've seen in the consumer market in recent years. If you're in the market, you might give it a look.

It appears that a company by the name of Hammerhead Steel sold a similar box until very recently. Take a look and judge for yourself.

Disclaimer: I have no financial interest in nor any connection (beyond being a satisfied consumer) with any of the above mentioned companies.

• Member Contributer

Very nice. Do the drawers latch shut?

I have a Home Depot one that I bought10 years ago, thats on par with any older craftsman. Now all they sell is junk.

I bought one of these as my work toolbox. I used to have a Kennedy and will never again have one of those junky boxes. This Roller cabinet is the best box that I have seen, rivaling those that cost 3 times as much. Everyone who sees it comments on it. The roller bearing drawers work effortlessly. I honestly think this is the last box I, or any of my descendants will ever have to buy.

• Member Contributer

Wolf - there is not a latch per se. Each drawer has a slight detent. When closed, opening requires a slightly greater initial effort.

I've had it less than a week but, all in all, I am very pleased with it. I'm pretty sure it will outlive me by a fair margin.

I honestly think this is the last box I, or any of my descendants will ever have to buy.

Now that must be some good stuff. :D

How many generations of descendants do you expect to spawn? :P

Well, I guess I'm just saying it is built real well. and I don't think it's gonna rust. At the least I'm sure my great grandson somewhere along the line will enjoy using it.

Guest last_train

That is a cool tool box,........... I have a 6' 3 chest craftsman roll about and love it. I have had this one for about 15 years now, and have never had a problem with any craftsmen tools or boxs. Of course time does take a toll, and over the years, I notice any nicks to the paint and it will rust............. of course when that happens it time for a little navel jelly, and a new sticker......(which would not happen with stainless)

I am not sure if it's the same one, but Sam's wholesale club sells a stainless steel tool chest that looks a lot like that one.

Archived