Staintune group buy

Guest vfrgreg

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

FYI,

I just sent a PM to Adam, CEO of Staintune. He was the man that made the offer to us and was my hero when the deal was published. His hero badge has tarnished a bit based on a 6 week shipping delay. It will be interesting to hear his reply. I hope this is me :D later today or tomorrow!!!

PM to Adam May 3/06:

Adam,

I was getting excited that May had arrived and my Staintunes were scheduled to be available this month. I dropped an e-Mail to Shari inquiring on an ETA for my pipes and got the following response.

"The group buy pipes are 6 weeks behind schedule.

I would expect them to arrive in June sometime."

Shari Brossard

Cal Moto/Sales Manager

(800)782-4686

http://www.cbtimports.com

http://www.calmoto.com

Adam, say it's not true! Tell me she mis-read the delivery schedule. A June shipment to her will equal a July shipment to my Dealer and maybe an August delivery to me. Delivery could total 6 months and be equal to better than half of my riding season. Good prices matter but if it isn't any more important than having the goods in hand.

If the June date is true, I'm disappointed. especially since dropping the cash up front had been requested. Can you light a fire under someone and redeem Staintunes fine name, or have I just had a little trip down a garden path compliments of your company?

--------------------

Cdn Arctic

I ordered. I must admit though I will be pleasantly suprised if it happens. I suppose I,m a skeptic. It all was too easy. I plan on forgeting about them and if I get a call that they are in ,great. I still like the stock exhaust.

Like I was saying.

Guest squally

Thanks for taking the lead on this, I've been expecting Adam to give us a heads up on the status of our order and thinking I would see them on my doorstep in the next week or so. Your PM to Adam was much more tactful than mine would have been. :pissed: I don't see how we'll get our pipes before mid-July at best. There is no excuse for a 6 week delay, we were made an offer and kept up our end. It's not like some mid-level flunkie without the authority made the offer. If I'd been told mid-July when the offer was made I wouldn't have been interested. It's certainly unreasonable to charge us $640 in March for something we won't get until July. I hope Adam's response includes a deeper discount to reward us for our patience.

I guess I'm the first to get mine! A&S BMW received it on the 4th. It was shipped to them from California BMW Triump in Mountainview, CA on May 2nd. I've had several great experiences with A&S--they rock. They also have the best collection of textile clothes in Cali.

There is one catch tho. The split collector appears to have a three inch dent just prior to the right muffler outlet. The impression is on the last bend on the right side tube. The dent also has minor scratches in the groove. It looks like someone hammered into the metal while it was hot with a big flat screwdriver.

I'm trying to figure out if it was manufactured that way or what? Maybe it's for the exhaust note? The outlets aren't uniform either. One has a baffle and the other doesn't. I'm not talking about the mufflers. This is the collector tube exit ports.

The packaging and box were undamaged with Staintune logos on them. Everything else looks untouched. Ideas?

• Member Contributer
I guess I'm the first to get mine!  A&S BMW received it on the 4th.  It was shipped to them from California BMW Triump in Mountainview, CA on May 2nd.  I've had several great experiences with A&S--they rock.  They also have the best collection of textile clothes in Cali.

There is one catch tho.  The split collector appears to have a three inch dent just prior to the right muffler outlet.  The impression is on the last bend on the right side tube.  The dent also has minor scratches in the groove.  It looks like someone hammered into the metal while it was hot with a big flat screwdriver.

I'm trying to figure out if it was manufactured that way or what?  Maybe it's for the exhaust note?  The outlets aren't uniform either.  One has a baffle and the other doesn't.  I'm not talking about the mufflers.  This is the collector tube exit ports.

The packaging and box were undamaged with Staintune logos on them.  Everything else looks untouched.  Ideas?

It's supposed to be there. Thats to clear your rear cowl on the right side. When you install them it will become obvious that its necessary as it would be right on the plastic otherwise. You won't see it once installed.

• Member Contributer

I didn't get any reply from my PM to Adam at Staintune so I sent the following message to Staintune via their Web Pege. I'll advise IF there is a response.

Message for Adam - CEO.

Adam,

I ordered pipes via the VFRD group buy for my 2002 VFR and was advised via Shari that delivery has been delayed 6 weeks. Original delivery was to have been May and it looks like I will be lucky to get my order by July or August.

What goes here? Somehow this doesn't seem fair. Certainly you knew your manufacturing capacity when the deal was offered and one would assume it's not the first time you shipped product to North America. If there were production issues at your end the right thing would to have posted a message on the VFRD page and had Shari call the dealers and ask them to let us know about the delay. I had to ask Shari for the update.

Can you do anything to expedite shipping? I'm sure your product will be first class, now just figure out a way to have the same comment applied to your service.

Disappointed in Canada,

It's supposed to be there. Thats to clear your rear cowl on the right side. When you install them it will become obvious that its necessary as it would be right on the plastic otherwise. You won't see it once installed.

Thanks Cozye. Five hours after the install I figured that out. The clearance dent is odd looking though, hence my initial concern. Also, that tube was a PITA to seat onto the catalytic converter outlet.

They look/sound great!

• Member Contributer
Thanks Cozye.  Five hours after the install I figured that out. The clearance dent is odd looking though, hence my initial concern.  Also, that tube was a PITA to seat onto the catalytic converter outlet.

They look/sound great!

Congrats, and welcome to the "we have the baddest sounding bikes" club :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

I ordered pipes via the VFRD group buy for my 2002 VFR and was advised via Shari that delivery has been delayed 6 weeks. Original delivery was to have been May and it looks like I will be lucky to get my order by July or August. What goes here? Somehow this doesn't seem fair.

Everytime I see a situation like this I am reminded of something my former boss told me 40 years ago -- he called it "The Impossible Triad" -- he said "seldom can you obtain something fast, cheap and of high quality. You can get two of the three, but seldom all three."

Apparently that applies to m/c parts as well -- looks like you are going to get a high quality product pretty inexpensively, but you are going to have to wait. Good luck to you.

Guest squally

"The group buy pipes are 6 weeks behind schedule.

I would expect them to arrive in June sometime."

Shari Brossard

Cal Moto/Sales Manager

My pipes arrived yesterday. Unless this was a joke I'm confused. Happy, but confused.

I just talked to Sherri at CBT. They have not received anything from Staintune in regards to the group buy. She says Staintune had some personel issues, and that put them behind.

She figures that the dealers that shipped pipes for the group buy are just sending out their inventory, and will replace them with the group buy pipes. Sort of like looking out for their customers.

June is the earliest we can expect the ones that were manufactured for this purchase. BTW, CBT is out of stock on the 03 and up pipes now, and no high mount 5th gen pipes either.

• Member Contributer
I just talked to Sherri at CBT.  They have not received anything from Staintune in regards to the group buy.  She says Staintune had some personel issues, and that put them behind.

I think this is a perfectly reasonable explanation about why things are late. I just hope that SOMEONE can correlate it with Adam, wherever he went. :offtopic:

She figures that the dealers that shipped pipes for the group buy are just sending out their inventory, and will replace them with the group buy pipes.  Sort of like looking out for their customers.

Now I'm wishing that I went to a Staintune certified HONDA dealer that was farther away rather than the BMW dealer I went to for this order.... <_<

June is the earliest we can expect the ones that were manufactured for this purchase. 

Ah well...such is life....guess I'll just go :wheel:

On a side note, can anything be done about the tremendous heat that comes off the collector pipe? My right heel starts to get uncomfortably warm after a while. The leather boots are okay, but I can feel the heat when my right foot is tucked into the comfy spot.

Hello all

Just an F.Y.I...

Checked in with my local dealer (Dukes, Woodbridge, Ontario) to see if they had any news regarding my Staintune order ( thru the group buy). They suggested I contact Shari Brossard at Cal Moto.

I fired off a quick email and got the following reply ....

4-6 weeks away. Staintune is behind in production and just finished the pipes. They are being loaded on to a boat this week.

Sorry for the delay.

Shari Brossard

Cal Moto/Sales Manager

(800)782-4686

So looks like early July, just in time for my birthday... smile.gif

Guest Lowdcahn

Staintune are an hours brilliant ride from my place and i've always found them to be super helpful.

Yes i'm biased having had their gear on the Blackbird, 1150 and 650GS's, 94/97 VFR750 and now my 3rd VFR800.

Hang in there guys, i bet you'll be "veddy appy" (attempt Rossi-esque accent for that last bit.

Cheers

Guest squally

I got my pipes last week and sent a thank you to A&S BMW for getting my order to me. I mentioned my surprise as I heard the group buy was 6 weeks behind schedule. Jeff said the pipes were sent by mistake, apparently someone didn't realize my order was part of the group buy. I'm glad to get them but one reason I went with the group buy was I wanted a system with the re-designed weld at the footpeg bracket. Guess I shouldn't complain. They look great and sound awesome, you guys will be really happy with them! At least they sound great in the garage, it's been rainy and cold since I got them and I haven't gone for a ride yet <_< . The only thing worse than Illinois weather is the roads, 11 curves in 318 miles!

• 1 month later...
:beer:  +1.gif  +1.gif

I'd be pretty pissed if I was in ya'lls shoes right now. I'm just glad I missed it, cuz I ordered mine through moto pirate, or something , on about May 6, and I've had mine on for like 3 weeks.

Does anyone have anymore news about the group buy ? They are supposed to be arriving pretty soon now right ? Seem's like it's been forever !!!

Steve ....

I called Staintune to enquire about the status for you guys, Adam is out and will call me back when he's in - will see what I can find out then.

• Member Contributer

Thanks Phantom! :beer:

That's what it's all about...the VFR family taking care of each other worldwide. :thumbsup:

Thanks Phantom!  :beer:

That's what it's all about...the VFR family taking care of each other worldwide.  :thumbsup:

Yes thanks ...

My birthday next week and that would be one nice shiny present.. smile.gif

Sorry team, Adam didn't call back and I was busy for the afternoon. First thing on the 'to do' list for tomorrow!

ARGH! Just tried Staintune (have been on the backfoot all day after an early start to watch the soccer) and their office closed 15 minutes ago! (4pm).

I'll be onto them Monday morning, with any luck the message for Adam to call me back yesterday spurred him to do a bit of digging around on the status of the shipment.

Archived