Staintune group buy

Guest vfrgreg

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just ordered mine today.

FYI. If your in New Hampshire and want to get in on the group buy I highly recommend Second Wind BMW in Merrimack NH. They are extremely helpful.

http://www.secondwindbmw.com/

I felt a little weird going in there and asking for something for my Honda as they are a BMW Dealer. Those BMW's are pretty sweet I might add. I feel like my VFR is child's play after perusing through their showroom. I wonder what the monthly payment on a BMW would be. Ouch!

I'm In! I also have to go to the local bmw dealer to place my order. Bmw bikes are very very nice, but they know that the vfr is a bike to be respected!

Guest wallace_18

I'm still wondering how i can get in on it in Australia. I e-mailed staintune and they said it's just an american thing and the aussie price is $1100 plus frieght!

I finally convinced the boss to let me get them and now i can't work out how!!!

Apparently that form you fill out is only for the US too, and i don't have a local dealer!

Adam from staintune, PLEASE HELP!!! smile.gif

• Member Contributer

I got my Staintune on order today, and I finally made up my mind. The Hi mount looks just too damn good to pass up.

Adam,

I am having a little difficulty getting confirmation on the staintune group buy with CBT imports. Can you please contact Sherri at CBT and authorize the buy for me for the 97 750 vfr. The have been very helpful they just were not sure if the buy would also in the older model vfr and not just the 800.

Thank you,

Chris R.

97 vfr

Also, do you have an exhaust designed for the 1972 BMW R75/5?

• Member Contributer
Adam,

I am having a little difficulty getting confirmation on the staintune group buy with CBT imports.  Can you please contact Sherri at CBT and authorize the buy for me for the 97 750 vfr.  The have  been very helpful they just were not sure if the buy would also in the older model vfr and not just the 800.

Thank you,

Chris R.

97 vfr

Also, do you have an exhaust designed for the 1972 BMW R75/5?

Refer them to this thread. Here is the original price quote from Adam...

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18262

Hello All !

OK I have the Pricing hot off the press.

Honda VFR750 94 to 97 $375 USD

Honda VFR800 98 to 01 $375 USD

Honda VFR800 02 on    $640 USD

Please find all details of the VFR Promotion Group Buy Attached.

Thank you all for time and comments, I am of to look at a 5th Generation VFR

with only 7500km on it tomorrow.

Let you know how it goes.  :goofy:

For any Motorcycle Dealers that are interested, Staintune and myself will be at the

Indy Dealer Expo later this month Site Number 6509, Look forward to seeing you there.

Kind Regards

Adam

CEO

Staintune Aust Pty Ltd

:thumbsup:

I had the same question as the order form that Adam posted only listed the 800s. I questioned him on it and here is his reply...

Hello All.

I will try to clear up a few posts in one.

VFR Models that will be available during the promotion.

VFR750 94 to 97

VFR800 89 to 01

VFR800 02 on.

Unfortunately I am unable to include the VFR750 90 to 93, as we are unable to make this model in production any more (Sorry my mistake)

See Staintune model list at www.staintune.com.au

Promotion will be for a limited time as mentioned in the USA promotion order form.

Promotion will be available at all locations were Staintune has a distributor active.

This includes

America.

UK.

NZ.

Japan.

Germany.

Australia.

Full details and order forms will be listed on the Staintune web site by the start of March, for customers other than those in America.

Promotion times and details may vary from country to country.

The promotions will have to be date stagged as all systems will be made to order.

I hope this helps to clear up some of the issues raised.

Kind Regards

Adam

CEO

Staintune Aust Pty Ltd

Hope that helps... If CBT won't honor it, shop elsewhere. I believe if you read the thread in its entirety there was an offer from a guy at a BMW dealership that was willing to honor the group buy and throw in free shipping...

• Member Contributer
FYI. If your in New Hampshire and want to get in on the group buy I highly recommend Second Wind BMW in Merrimack NH. They are extremely helpful.

http://www.secondwindbmw.com/

I'm in! Can't wait for my 'tunes. Is May here yet? I'll have to add a :offtopic: to anyone in the MA/NH/VT area if you're close enough to Second Wind BMW. George in the parts department is a really nice guy. The people there are exceptional....Excellent dealings with those guys last night.

Remember...NH = NO SALES TAX! :goofy:

-vfrngtp

I'm gonna splurge too - as long as I'm in the top 100.

When you guys ordered yours, did you take the form at the bottom of post $74 to a distributor and hand them that with your money?

I called and emailed the closest distributor (Brattin BMW) to me in San Diego and asked if they "support" this group buy and they said they would have to get back to me. I've been waiting about a week with no response.

I called the 2nd closest distributor (Cyclewerks) and never get a person on the phone.

I would hate to have to drive to downtown (San Diego GP Motorcycles) to do the purchase.

I'm thinking of just driving to the closer distributors with papers :beer: and credit card in hand and see what happens.

• Member Contributer

I just called SportTour and got in on the order for a hi-mount. I faxed the order form and called them with my CC number. :salesman:

It doesn't look too promising for Aussie buyers. I emailed Staintune and emailed Adam a week ago but have not received a reply to either. I rang Staintune this morning and was told that offer of a group buy special price "was under review" for buyers within Australia and that the recommended retail (for my 2001 model) is $650 as listed. Dissapointing.

• Member Contributer

Now that we have reached the end of March, thus the end of the time allocated to signup for the Staintune Group Buy, I was just wondering how many VFRD members took advantage of it. +1 here for a 5th Gen Highmount.

11'th hour questions:

I just bought an '06 VFR 800/ABS, and have installed the Honda side-stays and hard bags. I just became aware of this group buy this eve, and all of my local dealers have closed up and gone home for the day. I thought I might try to place an order with A&S, but I've been e-scurrying around trying to find out which staintune model(s) are compatible, and optimal, for my bike w/the hard bags.

Any help out there?

:wheel:

• Member Contributer

A&S is where I got mine from, Jeff works tomorrow, give him a call and see if you can sqeak in. He will be able to give you the correct model number.

I ordered. I must admit though I will be pleasantly suprised if it happens. I suppose I,m a skeptic. It all was too easy. I plan on forgeting about them and if I get a call that they are in ,great. I still like the stock exhaust. I have been able to put 50 miles on my bike in the last couple of days. Lots of sand on the roads but nice non the less.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Thanks Cote,

I had forgotten about it, but now that you've reminded me I'll be like a kid on Christmas Eve and won't be able to sleep waiting for Santa in the Big Brown Truck. :D

Also, I just noticed this in one of your posts above:

I wonder what the monthly payment on a BMW would be. Ouch!

$242.00 <_<

• Member Contributer

May 1st, bump....

....status? Adam? Bueller? Anyone?

Orders fabbed and shipped? Waiting in customs? :goofy:

• Member Contributer

I just sent an update request to the Staintune Importer. I'll post their response when received.

• Member Contributer
I bought from A&S in Roseville, CA too. I'm gonna stop in tomorrow and see what the status is.

Also let me know, I used A&S to order mine. I think we are all like kids the night before Christmas, waiting for our presents to arrive.

• Member Contributer

Sorry to rain on anyones parade, but here is the lowdown on the Staintune group buy from the distributor. and I have attached her e-Mail reply

"The group buy pipes are 6 weeks behind schedule.

I would expect them to arrive in June sometime."

Shari Brossard

Cal Moto/Sales Manager

(800)782-4686

http://www.cbtimports.com

http://www.calmoto.com

:goofy:

:wheel:

:pissed:

Archived