Staintune group buy

Guest vfrgreg

I have a 2001 VFR800 and am interested in a low mount. Does anyone have experience with this? Sound quality? Performance improvements?

Also, is this $375 (2001 VFR) an out-the-door price? Or do I need to tack on S&H and tax (e.g. $375 + S&H + tax = ?)?

Nozz

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Adam@staintune
Adam,

Maybe it is just an oversight but, it would appear that those of us with 4th Gen VFR750s 94-97 aren't listed on the order form.  I was under the impression that you were going to include us in this group buy. 

Thanks

4th Gen VFR750 are included just place the year model on the form.

Thanks

Adam

Guest Adam@staintune
Hmmmmm ... it does seem that this offer is only open to the US members, contrary to what was said earlier. So it's not available to any other part of the world, including their country of manufacture. Ah well as they say here in Oz ... I'll just go away ... & suck eggs.

Dave :warranty:

All Australian details will be available on the Staintune web site once I get back from the states later this month.

same deal same pricing structure.

Kind Regards

Adam

Guest Adam@staintune

Hello All.

I will try to clear up a few posts in one.

VFR Models that will be available during the promotion.

VFR750 94 to 97

VFR800 89 to 01

VFR800 02 on.

Unfortunately I am unable to include the VFR750 90 to 93, as we are unable to make this model in production any more (Sorry my mistake)

See Staintune model list at www.staintune.com.au

Promotion will be for a limited time as mentioned in the USA promotion order form.

Promotion will be available at all locations were Staintune has a distributor active.

This includes

America.

UK.

NZ.

Japan.

Germany.

Australia.

Full details and order forms will be listed on the Staintune web site by the start of March, for customers other than those in America.

Promotion times and details may vary from country to country.

The promotions will have to be date stagged as all systems will be made to order.

I hope this helps to clear up some of the issues raised.

Kind Regards

Adam

CEO

Staintune Aust Pty Ltd

All Australian details will be available on the Staintune web site once I get back from the states later this month.

same deal same pricing structure.

Kind Regards

Adam

Adam,

Thanks for clearing that up, greatly appreciated.

'Ave a great trip!

Dave

• Member Contributer
I consider it a absolute great gesture to the VFRD community from Staintune to make these arrangements.  Count me in for a Hi or Lo mount for my Y2K, Still cannot make up my mind, just love the look of the Hi mount, but it kills my using soft bags.  Know if I get the Lo mount though I will soon regret not getting the Hi.  I at least have until the end of March to make up my mind, or you can look at it I have to keep going back and forth until the end of March

Buy either one then just another mid pipe to switch it around. Several folks do that. Unfortuantely I could not find a high pipe to fit my Scorpion can so I bought a High mount Titanium from Micron so now I have two. I figure I will have the high mount on most of the time.

Just placed my order with the local dealer in toronto. Is it may yet?

bear22099 What dealer did you use? Do you have to show up with the order form or can you call it in?

Thanks

Dave

Just placed my order with the local dealer in toronto. Is it may yet?

bear22099 What dealer did you use? Do you have to show up with the order form or can you call it in?

Thanks

Dave

I used Dukes of Cycles in Etobicoke. They did not require me to go in, but I did have to fax the form in with copies of my visa attached. Their number is 416-798-9947 and the guy to talk to is Mike.

No dealers for Oklahoma listed. Anyone going to order through RPM Cycles in Dallas area? My son bought his Triumph Sprint RS from RPM and they were excellent. That's probably where I will place my Staintune order.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest squally
I have spoken to the Staintune sales team and I will have to limit the numbers to the first 100 VFR customers
[quote name=Adam@staintune' date='Feb 7 2006, 02:39

[/quote]

When I placed my order at my nearest dealer he contacted CBT Imports and was told if there are less than 100 orders the price will be adjusted upwards. Has anyone else been told this when you placed your order?

• Member Contributer
QUOTE(Adam@staintune @ Feb 7 2006, 02:39

When I placed my order at my nearest dealer he contacted CBT Imports and was told if there are less than 100 orders the price will be adjusted upwards. Has anyone else been told this when you placed your order?

[right)

They gave him the wrong information. The group buy is only good for the first 100 orders, order 101 will not get in. See Adam's previous posts.

Guest ascycles

If your still on the fence to make your commitment to the "group buy price", here is a little added kicker to maybe get you off that fence that I didn't see posted here yet. I'm pretty sure that anyone would match it, but if they don't, you can take advantage of it through us! As the Parts Manager at A&S BMW, located in Roseville Ca., we will offer the group buy rate for these mufflers (don't let the word BMW scare you off) and will include shipping (ground service, U.S.A. addresses only) to your door at NO CHARGE! I am aware that dealers are typically not suppose to post to forums who are selling something, but this "buy deal" was already posted. I guess the only thing I am selling here is the ability to order your pipe through us if you find we can assist you. Without a shipping fee tacked on, we are practically neighbors.

A little side note: I see a few of folks wondering whether to go high pipe or low pipe because of saddlebag issues or soft bag issues. Here is something to consider: Take the number of times that you would be traveling with your saddlebags on and loaded with gear for that multi-day trip. Not everyone, but a few will answer "maybe two-three times a year". In that case the high pipe would be the way to go. Now you just simply remove the high pipe, pop your factory low pipe back on during your multi-day trip, and then when you return slip the high pipe back on for your weekend canyon carving the rest of the year. The pipes go on and off pretty quick. The high pipe IMO looks awesome on the bike and now you can "sport" with the high Staintune and "tour" with the OEM low and not have to worry about which pipe to choose. Just a thought.

If you can't live without your bags on a daily basis or you tour every weekend you are free, the low pipe would be the choice.

Regards,

Jeff Hanrahan

Parts Manager/A&S BMW

(916)726-7334

• Member Contributer
If your still on the fence to make your commitment to the "group buy price", here is a little added kicker to maybe get you off that fence that I didn't see posted here yet. I'm pretty sure that anyone would match it, but if they don't, you can take advantage of it through us! As the Parts Manager at A&S BMW, located in Roseville Ca., we will offer the group buy rate for these mufflers (don't let the word BMW scare you off) and will include shipping (ground service, U.S.A. addresses only) to your door at NO CHARGE! I am aware that dealers are typically not suppose to post to forums who are selling something, but this "buy deal" was already posted. I guess the only thing I am selling here is the ability to order your pipe through us if you find we can assist you. Without a shipping fee tacked on, we are practically neighbors.

A little side note: I see a few of folks wondering whether to go high pipe or low pipe because of saddlebag issues or soft bag issues. Here is something to consider: Take the number of times that you would be traveling with your saddlebags on and loaded with gear for that multi-day trip. Not everyone, but a few will answer "maybe two-three times a year". In that case the high pipe would be the way to go. Now you just simply remove the high pipe, pop your factory low pipe back on during your multi-day trip, and then when you return slip the high pipe back on for your weekend canyon carving the rest of the year. The pipes go on and off pretty quick. The high pipe IMO looks awesome on the bike and now you can "sport" with the high Staintune and "tour" with the OEM low and not have to worry about which pipe to choose. Just a thought.

If you can't live without your bags on a daily basis or you tour every weekend you are free, the low pipe would be the choice.

Regards,

Jeff Hanrahan

Parts Manager/A&S BMW

(916)726-7334

Very tempting, thanks for posting!

• Member Contributer

The deed is done and Staintunes are in my future. My Calgary Staintune Dealer (BMW shop) rates them as top notch for fit and finishes. Like others, I want May to arrive sooner, rather than later.

I took delivery of a V46 GIVI top box this week. Picked it up on ebay for $167US and thanks to Kanadian Ken I have whizzy bang brackets being made as we speak to mount the top box over the passengers seat.

The first long haul of the season's being planned, a run to Mt St Helens in June. A friend with a brandly new FJR is on the trip too, so maybe I'll get to see what a VFR should feel like when Honda gets the lead out and gives us a 1000, 1100, 1200, or 1300 cc V-4 or V-5 engine. Sorry, couldn't resist.. nobody has being playing the guessing game for a while now.

Life is good..........

What is the procedure for getting into the group buy? Do I just find a dealer for staintunes and ask them to sell me them at the group buy price? If possible I would rather just order over the internet.

I would like to get the high mount for my 5th gen.

• Member Contributer

Anyone from the Ottawa Ont area placed an order with a local dealer? Need some contacts..

Thx Terry

Go to post #74 and all will be answered...

Wait a minute. What am I missing. Post 74 did not tell me where to buy one.

The Staintune website brought me to nowhere but a bunch of links. One of the links was a Menekie Muffler.

I guess I still no understandie howie group buyie workie.

Wait a minute. What am I missing. Post 74 did not tell me where to buy one.

The Staintune website brought me to nowhere but a bunch of links. One of the links was a Menekie Muffler.

I guess I still no understandie howie group buyie workie.

At the bottom of Post #74 is a attached Word file which is a Order Form which also describes how you go about ordering.

VFR800_Promotion_order_form.doc ( 125.5k )

HTH

Dave

At the bottom of Post #74 is a attached Word file which is a Order Form which also describes how you go about ordering. 

VFR800_Promotion_order_form.doc ( 125.5k )

HTH

Dave

Thank you oz-e

I guess I didn't catch that part. All set now.

Archived