6th Gen Exhaust on a 5th Gen

magellan

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Whoo Hooo, I'm on the homepage! It was fun to review this thread and see where I stand on the wish list. I still need to get JetHotted, but I did get a stock windscreen (painted black on the inside), removed the dumbo ears and shimmed the shock. I have no excuse for not JetHotting and getting an A/F meter next.

Since doing this mod I've removed a bit of the steel wool to cure a restriction problem after some of it got loose within the muffler and plugged the outlets. The bike is louder as a result, but I love it and ride with earplugs anyway.

Hey, maybe I'll just build a Tok-Tokkie muffler when I get tired of this one... :idea3:

You're way too perceptive, Phantom! I knew there was something else I needed to do the other day. The feeler that's on there is going into the drawer with a couple others I've got. I lubed the chain right after the pics were taken, but I need a new one badly anyway. It's on the list....  :D

smile.gif I wouldn't have expected anything less. The bike just looks better and better, lovely work.

Edited by The Phantom

Just a little update: I removed the center stand and cleaned all the crud out from behind where the right-side heat-shield was. I can hardly wait to get the exhaust JetHotted, get the turn signal pods removed, and fit a stock windscreen (at least for local riding and track days). I also have an idea involving a small rear fender attached to the body instead of the swingarm, to keep crap off the shock and back of the engine. It'll all happen in time. Here are a few new pics:

[

Dag nab it <_< I wish you guys would stop with all these fantastic modifications..Man that cleaned the look of the bike so good. Congrats on a job well done.

• 1 year later...

Just a question on your install as I am looking to do this on my 4 gen. Have you had any hits to the muffler/tire with 2 up riding (or alone). I also have a CF hugger on mine so Im worried about that and thinking of using a tail riser for more clearance. Also curious if nay related heat problems with the undertray / seat or rear lenes. Thanks Brian

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
Just a question on your install as I am looking to do this on my 4 gen. Have you had any hits to the muffler/tire with 2 up riding (or alone). I also have a CF hugger on mine so Im worried about that and thinking of using a tail riser for more clearance. Also curious if nay related heat problems with the undertray / seat or rear lenes. Thanks Brian

Oops, sorry for the delay. I got no notification of your post. Before I raised my rear suspension a bit I did hit the bottom of the pipe with the top of the rear tire. Since this thread was posted I've re-designed the system with a completely new undertray for more clearance. Now I never hit, even two-up with panniers and top box loaded.

gallery_5128_669_125596.jpg

S7000360.JPG

You can see here that I no longer have much room under the seat...

gallery_5128_669_20864.jpg

2011_0629_065627AA1.JPG

...but I have lots of storage space!

gallery_5128_669_64022.jpg

Baggage.jpg