Hesitant Full Throttle Rev then Catches up with Cold Engine - HELP!

2010 VFR1200f, immediately after getting the bike I tore it down and performed several maintenance tasks and repairs. Including but not limited to new spark plugs, FI cleaning, valve adjustment, emissions removal, new thermostat gasket, etc. 

When running the bike, while still cold, the bike will hesitate to rev all the way with a full-throttle input. It's almost like it coughs or thinks about it for a second, then it will catch up and freely rev. Once warmed up, this is largely not an issue.

Here's the video: 

I thought this was a symptom of the bike warming up, but I was told by someone recently that it's more of an issue. 

I've done some digging around on this, but I wanted to get some opinions here from my video.

Let me know what your thoughts are. Cheers.

• Member Contributer

This may sound a little weird and I don't own a 1200.

But just as a starting point. What is the age and health state of your Battery?

A failing or weak battery can do strange things especially on the 1200 with its Throttle By Wire Technology.

Also make sure battery terminals are clean and tight.

Any doubts about the battery - Replace it.

Maybe it was just the area you recorded the video or camera position, but your bike seems to have a few strange noises!

The other strange thing that can be associated with a battery issue is the Flashing ABS light during the start of the video, prior to revving the engine. This is not normal, possible battery voltage below 10.5v

• Member Contributer

Use your car battery before spending money. Batteries, like tires, are stupid expensive right now. 

• Member Contributer

Yes TBW lag, so as above check power & then check cables as IIRC the 1200 uses TBW via normal throttle cables from the grip to the TBW sensor on the throttle body itself. 

A mate had a similar issue where water had got into the stepper motor gearbox that moves the throttle plates & it was struggling to react at real time speed. 

Are you getting the MIL flashing any DTC codes? I'd have thought such an obvious fault would be triggering something.

The flashing ABS light is a symptom of a weak battery btw.