• Member Contributer

About 50 miles today.

This bike has not rolled the miles that it should lately, all on me. Staring at the RC in the garage I often say to myself that if I'm not going to lay down the miles, I should sell it. But then I ride it. No way! 

Today, back in the garage, trying to straighten my knees ...

IMG_8678.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

First overnight trip in almost 2yrs (finally!) for reasons you can read above. Headed south from Sonoma county towards San Diego county. Midway was Solvang--Denmark in CA. 

I can't believe how large trucks have gotten here in the U.S. Obviously all 20 million parking spaces should be expanded by 10 feet in width...

IMG_8696.jpeg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, St. Stephen said:

First overnight trip in almost 2yrs (finally!) for reasons you can read above. Headed south from Sonoma county towards San Diego county. Midway was Solvang--Denmark in CA. 

You still hanging out around that area of SoCal?  I was just there a few weeks ago and a neat stop is the Honda HQ in Torrance.  This is the lobby... just park in visitor parking during normal weekday work hours and waltz right in.  No entry fee or anything.

CH.thumb.jpg.ec9d2086c95f9710aea4b2c3c2977cf0.jpg

rc51.thumb.jpg.1252574769fe5534736c8f124049925a.jpg

nr_rc30.thumb.jpg.b0f45c04b66470400337399b94142cb4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

Great photos vfrgiving! Of course I especially like the RC. I have heard great things about Honda HQ but have never been, thanks for reminding me.

This trip is to visit my son and family in San Diego County where I am now. Heading back north tomorrow morning, early Sunday being a good time to get through LA. Four days of riding, plus today off, about 1200 miles total--not super serious mileage but a lot of socal interstate. 

Tomorrow my plan is to finally visit the Solvang Vintage Motorcycle Museum. They're only open 6 hrs on Saturdays & Sundays and despite having stayed in Solvang a number of times I've never been around when they're open.

I'll post some photos. I believe they have a Britten, an RC30 and some other V4's.

https://www.motosolvang.com

• Member Contributer
10 minutes ago, St. Stephen said:

Great photos vfrgiving! Of course I especially like the RC. I have heard great things about Honda HQ but have never been, thanks for reminding me.

This trip is to visit my son and family in San Diego County where I am now. Heading back north tomorrow morning, early Sunday being a good time to get through LA. Four days of riding, plus today off, about 1200 miles total--not super serious mileage but a lot of socal interstate. 

Tomorrow my plan is to finally visit the Solvang Vintage Motorcycle Museum. They're only open 6 hrs on Saturdays & Sundays and despite having stayed in Solvang a number of times I've never been around when they're open.

I'll post some photos. I believe they have a Britten, an RC30 and some other V4's.

Ah man, I wish I was home, I would have made it a point to join you to Solvang, as you would be passing through my neck of the woods on your way from SD. I’m on travel for work right now. I’m in Hawaii (Oahu) and it’s been nothing but rain since I got here.

There’s a Cars and Coffee event that they do once a month that is hosted at Honda HQ. Not only do you get to visit the museum you also get treated to special guest as well as all the cars that show up. Ride safe and enjoy Solvang.

Cheers,

D

• Member Contributer
12 minutes ago, Duc2V4 said:

Ah man, I wish I was home, I would have made it a point to join you to Solvang, as you would be passing through my neck of the woods on your way from SD. I’m on travel for work right now. I’m in Hawaii (Oahu) and it’s been nothing but rain since I got here.

That would have been fun. I always have renewed respect for your LA commuting on two wheels whenever I ride or drive through LA. Yesterday heading south I sort of went around, 118-->210-->15. Tomorrow morning going north it's the 405. I might hop over to the PCH at Santa Monica once I have most of the city freeways behind me. 

Hope you get some time to enjoy Hawaii despite work and the weather.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Just checked my GPS.....  May 2023 - May 2024  14,874km

I donot have the GPS on all the time so I reckon 19,000km does it.

Come May 2025, the plan is to work 32hrs/week from 40 now.

Come May 2026, that will be a 40 year working life... time to retire.

But...................  health should play along as this and other threads remind us all off...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, St. Stephen said:

I didn't get a chance to visit Solvang, but I did stop by the Petersen Automotive Museum.  They have a number of bikes that all seemed to be on loan from the Barber collection out of Birmingham, AL.  I'll try to get out for their Vintage Days again this year.

I only got to hang around SoCal and family for a week before riding 2,600 miles back home.  My go-to "welcome to SoCal" ritual is to enter on I-8 to Ocotillo, then jump on S2 through Anza-Borrego to 78.  Take 78 to Julian for food and beer.  No VFR on this run.  I made the trip on Honda's largest twin.

malibu.thumb.jpg.f095e8eff300e18069882698ba13ac84.jpg

• Like 2