Sold the 2008 Viffer yesterday

jimbob

• Member Contributer

I watched my trusty 2008 leave the driveway and ride out of sight yesterday. I felt like i had waved a last good bye to an old friend.

Hopefully the new owner (a younger man) will sign up and donate to this forum. I pointed him toward VFRD...   

It has been fun, but it is time to move on....

Cheers to all !

I watched my 2004 leave in the bed of a pickup truck a few years ago.  I was sad to see it go, but happy it was going to someone who was as excited to get it as I was back in 2006.

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, bmart said:

What did you move on to?

2 hours ago, TimC said:

I watched my 2004 leave in the bed of a pickup truck a few years ago.  I was sad to see it go, but happy it was going to someone who was as excited to get it as I was back in 2006.

Welll.... I guess i sorta went to the dark side...   bought a 2017 BMWR1200RS... it has the full-on dial a setting es suspension, all the electronic nanny shit, cruise control, heated grips, full luggage pkg... I have put about 9k miles on it so far and decided its a keeper.. I guess i will see how it is long term, but so far i am really pleased with it.. I found it on-line down in Escondido CA, flew down and they picked me up at the airport, and a few hours later i was riding up the glorious cali coast back to N Idaho...  Hope to maybe see some of you guys on the trail somewheres, 

Cheers, JW

20210616_172816.jpg

Archived