My 95, now in the solo seat mode

• Member Contributer

Just modified my rear seat cowl to accommodate my Corbin, took a little trim and all was good.  I have some electricians tape kind of mocking up where the little back cushion is going to go

one of my motorcycle friends has a high end upholstery shop and can do me up a little bumper thing.  I would love to have a small piece of fabric that had a Honda symbol or a VFR symbol on it but not likely to happen.

DSC_1037.JPG

• Member Contributer

Only the 3rd gens had the bump pad...but you can add one if you want!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Thanks Rogue!

Well I do have other motorcycles...

I think I need something to break up the endless red on this bike, where do you guys find your decals/stickers etc? I have been looking on eBay but nothing has caught my eye yet.

• Member Contributer

I stayed up past my bedtime last night reading all about the development f this bike and its racing history and subsequent street version.  One is for sale right now but the seller is entertaining offers over 100000.

.http://www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/zero-mile-honda-nr750-for-sale

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Rogue_Biker said:

The Honda NSR750 (RC40).  Oval pistons!

Image result for Honda NSR750

Image result for Honda NSR750

Wee nit pick..

It is the NR.

Not NSR.

Some say it is also not NR750, just NR.

gallery_5310_4776_234044.thumb.jpg.6cb2996663949531f888a9d5dff9194a.jpg

1 hour ago, bykemike said:

I stayed up past my bedtime last night reading all about the development f this bike and its racing history and subsequent street version.  One is for sale right now but the seller is entertaining offers over 100000.

.http://www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/zero-mile-honda-nr750-for-sale

The 1990's was when Honda (including cars) was at the pinnacle of their Engineering prowess.  Their engines dominated Formula 1 racing.  They also introduced the CBR900RR...the first sportbike that delivered on the promise of a 600cc size bike with liter bike power.  The CBR600 F's also were the top middle class sportbike for many years.  This was also the time when Ducati began to challenge the Japanese in World Superbike.  Later in MotoGP after 2000.  So much so that Honda introduced their V-twins to beat Ducati in World Superbike.  What a great time to be riding and enjoying the VFR's.  The RC51 and the CBR's pretty much took over the flagship sportbikes for Honda.  They kind of forgot about the VFR for a decade!  [sniff-sniff]  Instead they paid most of their attention to those blasted CBR's.  They even abandoned those beautiful and lustful sounding V-twin RC51 and Superhawks, focusing on the inline fours.

• Member Contributer

I went out and bought a brand new CBR 929RR, one of the few new bikes I ever bought new.  After a summer of riding it I swapped it to a guy for a Ducati 996, not sayin it wasn't fast, it was a rocket but something, for me , was missing.

Great post Dutchy!! And, yeah, I got that it is to be identified as the Honda NR, no numbers, no S, this was right from the Honda story of the development of the NR.

I must have been bored last night I also read the story of the development of the Honda lawn mowers, actually fascinating, lawns are not a Japanese thing, they had to go to England and the US to learn about grass and lawns.  They should have come to my house, I spent more money on my mowers than I ever have on bikes, and spend almost as many hours on them too.

DSC_0481.JPG

Before I got my 5th Gen, I rode my friend's Ducati 998.  We swapped bikes a few times.  I remember feeling tired riding that Ducati.  The steering was heavy just to initiate a turn.  The seat was tight because it locked you into one position and the only movement was side to side.  And that riding position....damn!  Fit for racing but so uncomfortable in most street riding situations except leaned over and hanging off.  But it was rock solid in the corners and was reasonably fast.  Did I mention the heat coming from the seat and below the thighs?  Yeah.  No attempt at street comfort whatsoever but very satisfying to ride fast.

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/12/2017 at 8:40 PM, bykemike said:

Thanks Rogue!

Well I do have other motorcycles...

I think I need something to break up the endless red on this bike, where do you guys find your decals/stickers etc? I have been looking on eBay but nothing has caught my eye yet.

You can try tapeworks.  They have a couple of decal kits.  I have considered putting some decals on , but I'm not sure I like the look.

Archived