Bridestone S21 may be the new gold standard?

kebrider

• Member Contributer

Down to 3 bikes in the garage bit all of them have S21s installed. I wont do an official review until I wear out a set. Best tires I have ever used to this point. So good at everything (no wet grip info) in fact that I will not waste time trying to describe the level of performance and just offer one word....perfection.

Try them

Thank me later

Kimball

Ok...ordering 2 sets this morning before the rebate period expires. Hopefully this gets us to the fall rebate on the T30's.  However, perhaps the S21's will wear well enough to not justify the added expense of the T30's.

I'll thank you now...don't want to owe you anything!

• Member Contributer

You will love them Mark. Wear will be the big thing but once you feel them you may be like me and simply not care. That is why I ride cheap bikes, so I can have new tires all the time.

Jake Wilson price matched Chaparral-racing.com for $129.98 for the 190/55.  The front was $89 totaling 219.  If you order before midnite tonite you can qualify for the $50 rebate as well.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, gloryracing said:

Jake Wilson price matched Chaparral-racing.com for $129.98 for the 190/55.  The front was $89 totaling 219.  If you order before midnite tonite you can qualify for the $50 rebate as well.

Yeah, those $50 rebates from BikeBandit on Stones take longer than forever to get.  Beware.  

A couple weeks to a month to get rebates has been my experience.  I will be spending money next month so I am good with it.  Certainly better than not getting $50.

They have a website that allows you to check status which can identify an issue. 

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, gloryracing said:

A couple weeks to a month to get rebates has been my experience.  I will be spending money next month so I am good with it.  Certainly better than not getting $50.

They have a website that allows you to check status which can identify an issue. 

I looked up my rebate paperwork I copied and sure enough 'stone says 10 to 12 weeks to get it.  It hasn't been that long so the fault in this is my lack of patience.  ; )

• Member Contributer

The grip on these tires is incomprehensible.  Mark, you will be sad to hear Kimball had to put his Orca down after some belly rolls on Back of the Dragon.  He replaced it with some sort of alien looking thing with odd tire sizes.  I hear he is looking to modify S21s to fit, but won't stop riding long enough to make any useful plans.  We are heading to Lebanon, VA today for a reminder in why he needs a CB500X with Cogent suspension and S21s.

• Member Contributer

In my old age i am more interested in not keeping up with everything on two wheels, The new Tiger Explorer was extremely enjoyable during this weekend's 1,200+ mile break-in ride. It is swift enough to have some fun and the relaxed fit means it cruises comfortably. The OEM Metzler Tourance EXPs get some respect from the ADV crowd but my research says the bike will pick up some corner speed with the Bridgestone A40s which are on order already. 

The Suzook will do my sport riding stuff with a high degree of safety and big smiles in the mountains. I can't wait for another run to Canada via the Appalachians on the TEX.

The S21s make the Versys 650 pretty quick actually even if the bike feels strange next to the CB. Donna wanted to ride the TEX from where we split off so I got to run up 58 and 76 on the Versys and it was sporty when ridden smoothly while the soft suspension kept things comfortable. Donna wants a big bike because she thinks she needs one to keep pace but that is not the case as the Versys hangs just fine. Passing, especially uphill, will always be easier on the big bike but not falling over when footing is dicey or when paddling on broken ground will always be easier on the Versys. Plus the Versys uses S21s.

Archived