Putting Extra Guages And Switches On Your Rc36

Hi everyone,

I recently connected a 12v socket and a USB charging socket to the VFR. It got me thinking about electrical stuff again. I love switches and guages, the more the better, so what have you got on yours?

I added an LED voltmeter to my dash but apart from that it is fairly stock. Here is a pic. You can see the voltmeter to the left of the neutral light: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-V8Vxif9AVyA/VGky-bMy9LI/AAAAAAAAQ3Q/1P6kGGkepog/w624-h832-no/IMG_20141116_154912.jpg

I have my heated grip box located just below and to the left of the ignition then.

For me, the more switches or guages there are, the better! I think I could do more!

What have you got?

post-27283-0-35037000-1430244144.jpgThe big one on the left is for my headlights the 2 beside that (blue) is for my halo lights (red) is my red demon lights (rusty) chrome switch is my heated grips, the one beside that is my led lights and finally the blue switch on the right is the uv lights for my tron wheels

• Member Contributer

Switches and gauges?

LED Voltmeter

Alarm system has "armed" LED

on/off switch for the LED DLRLs

• Member Contributer

Something like this?

post-362-0-96346000-1430256078.jpg

That's a police switch pod from an ST1100P I was in the process of installing on my FP. I had it controlling auxilliary driving and fog lights and a fan override, I think. My web page gives details.

(And no, those were not my riding keys!)

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

How about posting some pics of your bike with these lights?

• Member Contributer

OMG...THAT IS AMAZING!

All LEDs?

• Member Contributer

Sure:

post-362-0-14619500-1430486147.jpg

post-362-0-36804900-1430486166.jpg

post-362-0-23871300-1430486197.jpg

My bike no longer looks like that, though. I've had several different lighting set-ups over the years on that bike, often changing it before a European tour. It's currently back to stock, as I await inspiration to work on a xenon projector retrofit...

The "PHIDs" were pointless in a crowded place like Europe, even on tour in remote parts of France, and I decided I don't ride that much at night anyway, even if I could use them. Maybe if I were setting up a bike for an endurance rally...which is, of course where such things were devloped. I had some PIAAs on there at one point, but a 100w pencil beam makes even less sense!

post-362-0-82928200-1430487053.jpg

The H4 HID low-beam-only conversion was ditched once I'd "seen the light" and accepted that I was irresponsibly shooting ultra-bright glare at other motorists.

The H3 fog lights were cleverly mounted, but quite useless.

I had to install the Police switch rotated back several degrees to clear the tank. Just something to think about before you drill the new locating hole in the clip-on.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Sure:

My bike no longer looks like that, though. I've had several different lighting set-ups over the years on that bike, often changing it before a European tour. It's currently back to stock, as I await inspiration to work on a xenon projector retrofit...

The "PHIDs" were pointless in a crowded place like Europe, even on tour in remote parts of France, and I decided I don't ride that much at night anyway, even if I could use them. Maybe if I were setting up a bike for an endurance rally...which is, of course where such things were devloped. I had some PIAAs on there at one point, but a 100w pencil beam makes even less sense!

The H4 HID low-beam-only conversion was ditched once I'd "seen the light" and accepted that I was irresponsibly shooting ultra-bright glare at other motorists.

The H3 fog lights were cleverly mounted, but quite useless.

I had to install the Police switch rotated back several degrees to clear the tank. Just something to think about before you drill the new locating hole in the clip-on.

Ciao,

The charging system was able to support all that????

He hid's are only 35 watts each the red lights and halo's are 5w each the led's are 4with each and I'm not sure what the wattage is on my LED tail lights

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the info jerritt. But.....I was actually referring to JZH's lights.

• Member Contributer

I'm pretty much in the uncluttered look camp. I even hid the button for my chain oiler. I do have the voltmeter, and bicycle computer, and the GPS on occasion but that's about it.

Archived