3Rd Gen Looking For Slip On

mk2davis

• Member Contributer

I'm 90% I know the answer to this question, but is there any way to fit a 4th gen slip on to a 3rd gen? I've heard the 4th gen headers fit on the 3rd gen (flow better too), but is that the only option? And if that is my only option, do I lose my centerstand?

I'm hoping that it's just a direct replacement, but I don't know if that is the case.

• Member Contributer

There are some sellers in ebay selling slip ons or replacement headers.

This one is direct replacement: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARVING-MASTER-Auspuff-Silencer-Honda-VFR-750-F-90-93-RC36-NEW-/380258445460?pt=Motorrad_Kraftradteile&hash=item58892b6894

There are some slip ons, where the connection pipe should be cut to install slip on as well.

4th gen exhaust system can be fitted to 3rd gen. Then you get rid of the heavy collector chamber but also loose the center stand.

• Member Contributer

I didn't think slip ons were that picky about what header they went on. As long as the pipes are the same size, they should go right on. I swapped the cans between my 4th and 5th gen no problem.

• Member Contributer

I don't think 3rd and 4th gens have the same connection after the header for the midpipe and muffler. I would think the only options would be:

A. fit entire 4th gen exhaust

B. Get a slip on made specifically for 3rd gen

C. Buy whatever muffler you would like and get a midpipe from delkevic and make them fit (what I did with my 4th gen)

D. Custom work.

As to the question about your centre stand... I'm not sure I can answer that one, I'm not familiar enough with the 3rd gen design.

Good luck!

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the info, this is about what I expected. There are just so many good options for the 4th gen . . .

anyone familiar with this brand, EX07? http://www.ebay.com/itm/POT-DECHAPPEMENT-SILENCIEUX-EXHAUST-EXO7-EXO-7-HONDA-VFR-750-90-91-92-93-/290788414561?pt=FR_JG_Moto_Pi%C3%A8ces&hash=item43b4571461

• Member Contributer

The connector is different. Very different. It is made to swivel out of the way without completely removing the whole can when removing the rear wheel. I would go for the 4th gen Delkevic stainless headers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

After apparently four months of looking, I finally found her. She's used, not perfect, and needed a little polish which means she'll fit right in! I finally found a slip on for my 3rd gen. It a Vance and Hines Aluminum body with stainless innards and link pipe. I just got it today, and after some polishing, I think she's ready to mount, I'm going to try and get some video of before and after, and maybe a brief video of sans muffler just to satisfy my curiousity.

• Member Contributer

It's used, so it needs to be rubbed more to really make it shine. It's not terribly loud either, but I'm surprised how much I like it.

I figured I wouldn't have a lot of options for a 3rd gen slip on, but I'm really happy with what fell in my lap. At some point I may take out the baffle, but right now I'm happy. :cheerleader:

Archived