Here we go.

As I promised in my first post: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/73879-hi-from-brisbane-au/

I am officially starting my build thread now ;)

I was planning to do it when I get more time to spend on the VFR, but I realized that It will never happend as I am involved in a few other builds,

as well as my main project at the moment which is opening a workshop in Brisbane YAY!

So this will be very slow build I'm afraid :(

Here we go.

As I promised in my first post http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/73879-hi-from-brisbane-au/, I am officially starting my build thread now;).

I was planning to do it when I get more time to spend on the VFR, but I realized that It will never happend as I am involved in a few other builds,

as well as my main project at the moment which is opening a workshop in Brisbane YAY!

So this will be very slow build I'm afraid:(

You really are me :goofy:

More info on the workshop in Brisbane! And I am officially appointing myself as your project pusher-alonger, because it will be good for me too :fing02:

Yeah mate, I am. Since you are a Phantom, everything is possible :goofy:

And I NEED a project pusher a LOT.

The workshop is something I was planning to do since I moved to Australia.

It will be quite different from any other workshops. I was running one in Poland (where I come from) with my mates and it is more like a community thing with a twist.

Atm we are in the final planning stages and searching for a suitable warehouse to lease.

I will be looking for a mechanically inclined ppl to help with few ideas, but this will have to wait till we find the right place.

I will keep you posted.

Spent some time in a garage today, and I am not happy:(

Found some more damage to the front of the bike.

Need a new front head cover and headers. Anyone?;)

post-26764-0-52368400-1362150764.jpg

post-26764-0-01735600-1362150780.jpg

post-26764-0-62036400-1362150801.jpg

post-26764-0-01014900-1362150809.jpg

Yeah. It was supposed to be a donor bike for my other projects (SSSA conversion for the XV and spare parts for my red VFR) but I decided to save it. Now I will have to go back to my original plan:-( unless I find a cheap parts.

So... what you're tellin' me... is that you NOT be able to see the gears through that hole? Hmmm.....

My next question was going to be "any chance of parting out the 4th gen exhaust? But... i think that's irrelevant now.

Sorry your revival isn't going as planned. But everything happens for a reason. This just means that bike has another future.

I have a header system you can have.

Also got a spare valve cover, but I need that... have a look on ebay motors (US), that's where I got mine from - $30 or so.

Thanks Phantom.

Could you pm me the price for headers?

Already bought the cover on ebay:)

• Member Contributer

So, does this mean that you are going to restore it after all?

P.S.

Whereabouts in Poland are you from?

Yep! I won't give up mate! I'm not someone who walks away so easily.

I'm from Civitas Kielcensis:-) Kielce in Polish.

Mate the headers have been kicking around my workshop for so long that I'll just be glad to see the end of them - they're yours gratis. PM me your details, I drive into the CBD for work once or twice a week so can organise to get them to you that way.

They have had a repair - I scraped a hole in the collector somehow so had that welded up properly - then painted them in high temp silver, so they'll look great on the bike during the build, I wouldn't expect the silver to last long in use though.

• 2 weeks later...

Head cover arrived from Mississippi after after 10 days. The same day I ordered some stuff from Sydney - still waiting, WTF?!

• 2 months later...

Ok, it's been a while but I was busy working on Street Triple and collecting parts for Viffer.

Thanks to Phantom (what a great guy:)) I now have a headers I can use.

I will have more time to spend in a garage now, since I won't be opening the workshop anytime soon (my biz partner decided to move back to Europe, so it is all on my head now, and unless I find someone else interested in opening a motorcycle workshop in Brisbane, it will take some time to organize the money to do it the way we've planned).

Anyway, stripped the bike to clean it thoroughly, and the next step on the list is rear subframe.

Stay tuned.

Remember to check the headstock area of your frame very closely for any signs of bending and/or cracks at the spar extrusions, weld and castings, as it looks like your bike had a very hard frontal shunt.....

It might be best to just replace the frame if instead of trying to repair it if you di find damage.....

Beck

95 VFR

• 3 weeks later...

Remember to check the headstock area of your frame very closely for any signs of bending and/or cracks at the spar extrusions, weld and castings, as it looks like your bike had a very hard frontal shunt.....

It might be best to just replace the frame if instead of trying to repair it if you di find damage.....

Beck

95 VFR

Yeah. Done that. All fine.

Need your help guys. Scored a pile of parts and one of the USD forks fits my VFR perfectly. Problem is I don't have any idea what bike it came off.

I will post some pics as soon as I download them from my cam.post-26764-0-65910400-1369922464.jpgpost-26764-0-02172100-1369922484.jpgpost-26764-0-33042400-1369922505.jpgpost-26764-0-70269500-1369922520.jpgpost-26764-0-66033200-1369922538.jpg

CBR929 lower triple clamp - same as mine. Still working on id'ing the forks :comp13:

OK! CBR929 forks and brakes as well.

cbr954rr-bike.jpg

My first guess was 954 but brakes didn't match. I was hoping it's 929 cause I already had the 929 wheel;). What top clamp did you use on yours? I really need you to keep the promise to push my build along mate;)

Btw, what's happening with your project?

Well, wiring on VFR is ridiculous so to simplify it I am going to use this:

http://motogadget.com/en/electrics/electronic-control-box-m-unit/m-unit/m-unit-digit-tastersteuerung-u-sicherung.html

and this:

http://motogadget.com/en/electrics/electronic-control-box-m-unit/m-button/m-button.html

And if I have any money left:(I'd like to use this as well.

http://www.gripace.com/Universal.htm

What do y'all think?

• Member Contributer

My first guess was 954 but brakes didn't match. I was hoping it's 929 cause I already had the 929 wheel;). What top clamp did you use on yours?

954 and 929 front ends are essentially identical. The brake callipers however are somewhat different. They look the same but they have different piston bore sizes. Now... I think the only thing that affects is if you were to buy a seal kit to rebuild them and perhaps the size of the master cylinder you use. You can use the same brake pads.

The weird thing is the colours on your forks are different from other 929/954 front ends I've seen, but perhaps they came in different colours.

As for the top triple, I used a RC51 top clamp to make it easier to mount handlbar risers, and this lowers the front some, which I have heard from others who've done this front end swap, is needed to adjust for the slower steering as a result of the different offset numbers.

The wiring options look cool... I did see someone using the fancy grip mounted buttons on a streetfighter forum and he seemed to be having issues... http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42715&page=12 (lower down on the page he mentions some issues)

Keep up the good work!

It was the colour of the bottom bit of the fork that threw me too - as they are usually black as far as I know. Thought they were pre-2004 R1 for a bit.

Those wiring options are very interesting! Just when you think you've stopped spending on a parts collection and can start putting it all together...

As for mine, no real progress I'm afraid. Got too many other things on lately - my Nissan Patrol needs a bit of work to prepare for an upcoming trip, I am halfway through converting Mrs Squalo's Ford Territory interior to a full leather Ghia trim (she went a bit mad on ebay one night and decided to pimp her ride), and I've been sidetracked by my 1969 Kombi too... then there's the three primary school aged kids, my son's BMX racing, our mountainbiking adventures... sigh.

Archived