1989 VFR750FK WHEEL PAINT CODE?

Thumbs

• Member Contributer

As the title suggests does anyone know what the paint code is for the white paint on the wheels?

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Thumbs said:

As the title suggests does anyone know what the paint code is for the white paint on the wheels?

JZH lists scads of paint codes over at vsource. He includes several versions of white, starting with White NH-0, but without further elaboration. 'WheelWhite' does not seem to be a choice. Just the same, you might glance there for inspiration. https://www.vsource.org/VFR-RVF_files/BHondaPaintCodes.htm

• Member Contributer

I do not know the code

I was faced with the same question when I brought my 91 3rd Gen rear rim back with me to install on my 4th Gen when I moved back from the UK.

I had bought a 3rd Gen white front rim, but quickly realized I was giving up floating discs if I did so. The rear also needed a freshen up after a long Fall/Winter/Spring in the UK.

So, casting about, I came up with this.

Specialty Appliance Epoxy Spray Product Page (rustoleum.com)

It says Epoxy on the label, but enamel in the description. It is easy to use, repairs well and is wallet friendly. I have about 25K on the rims now, I'm happy.  Just a thought.

To me it seems a bit brighter white than OEM, but I'm not a purist.

large.0513191518a_HDR.jpg.f943eb82d28fac18193e66785d08484c.jpg

• Member Contributer

Go here: https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda-motorcycle/750-MOTO/VFR/1989/VFR750FK/Frame/FRONT-WHEEL-2-/13ML7G41/F__1101/2/10184

Wheel paint codes are often noted in the Honda Parts Catalogues, and in this case what that tells me is that the wheel paint color is NH138 (Shasta White) for both the white and red color codes (the Granite Blue Metallic color has different color wheels).

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer

Paint arrived today, exactly what I was after .... perfect match 

Archived