A short video with a few audio clips from my modded 8G

flya750

Sounds fantastic, presumably thicker earplugs required! Out of interest what does your fuel consumption look like with those mods?

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, mello dude said:

Sounds awesome! :beer:

Were the sirens in the beginning for you?

LOL! No....but I thought it would add a little mystery.. 😉 

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, lazyeye said:

Sound is great. Have you dynoed it to get an idea what kind of power its making?

No yet, I will be doing that this fall.  I'm guessing around 108hp? I got my headers ceramic coated so that has to be a little help? I'm hoping for 110hp, that would make my day! 😉 

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Presson said:

Sounds fantastic, presumably thicker earplugs required! Out of interest what does your fuel consumption look like with those mods?

I do wear custom fit ear plugs, but its not that loud really? I'm happy about that, I don't like bikes that are too loud.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Presson said:

The dash avg fuel economy is reading about 42.5 mpg. It is slowly creeping down the more I ride.  I will have to do an old fashion check to verify. 
I can tell you this, it definitely drinks more fuel now, especially if you're cruising freeway speeds of 85mph+.
But the performance gains are so worth the poor fuel economy. 

If you have managed to squeeze 110hp that would be quite outstanding. For my riding the loss of range would be a deal breaker but that's just me. That said I'd still be envious of the extra power and torque for those (few?) madder moments! 

13 hours ago, flya750 said:

The dash avg fuel economy is reading about 42.5 mpg.

I assume that's calibrated for US gallons? If so, I make that about 53 in imperial, which is only a tiny bit less than I get.

• Member Contributer
18 hours ago, HareBrain said:

I assume that's calibrated for US gallons? If so, I make that about 53 in imperial, which is only a tiny bit less than I get.

Yes, US gallons.  Before the header mod, I was pretty impressed with how far I could go on one tank with the 8G vs my 3G...well over 200 miles...now.. not so much 😉
It drinks the fuel, but then again, I'm usually ringing its freaking neck 😉 So much fun to ride now! I ride a lot of country roads out far from civilization or hi speed expressway, rarely low rpm stuff. 

I do have a micro switch with my dynojet autotuner that will allow me to switch between the stock tune and the pro tune from Attack Performance. I haven't used it yet, 
I've just come to accept the simple fact that my BadASS! 8G now gets shit gas mileage.. LOL! 😉  VF800FD the D stands for Double R 😉  

Archived