Windchill 2020 winter

• Member Contributer
59 minutes ago, Sparkie said:

I have a heated jacket and gloves.  I'll ride in any temp, as long as the roads are clear.

Same here. Only trouble is they don't clear the icy roads around our village so I can't get to the highway.

1 hour ago, Sparkie said:

I have a heated jacket and gloves.  I'll ride in any temp, as long as the roads are clear.

No heated gear for me, but my new bike came with heated grips (which I should have installed on my VFR years ago) and a Powerlet, so maybe at some point I'll get a heated vest or jacket.

I can do my short work commute without heated gear.  But during these cold but not technically freezing days, I have to decide whether I want to take a new bike out on roads that already have some salt and other de-icing crap on them.  I didn't mind so much on my old VFR, but a new 2020 bike?  😕

1 hour ago, TimC said:

No heated gear for me, but my new bike came with heated grips (which I should have installed on my VFR years ago) and a Powerlet, so maybe at some point I'll get a heated vest or jacket.

I can do my short work commute without heated gear.  But during these cold but not technically freezing days, I have to decide whether I want to take a new bike out on roads that already have some salt and other de-icing crap on them.  I didn't mind so much on my old VFR, but a new 2020 bike?  😕

Don't take that new bike out on salted roads!  Just look at what it does to the cars around here.  But if it rains enough to clean them off you are good to go.   😉

Archived