Help me price my 6th gen OEM side bags and mounting hardware

chuckfirment

I just pulled off my OEM bags and mounting hardware so I could put on a different top case to allow my nine year old to ride behind me. My hope was to sell the OEM stuff to offset costs on buying her new gear, but I have no idea what these things sell for! One shows scratching (bottom-left corner of the first pic) where the previous owner tipped over in his driveway. Otherwise they're in good or very good condition.

If I'm extremely lucky someone will want to come to San Francisco to get them. Otherwise I'll be boxing them up with a metric-ton of packing material and learning about shipping charges. 

Any tips? I'm OK with not making absolutely top dollar, but I don't want to lose my shirt either. 

front 2.JPG

back 1a.JPG

back1b.JPG

Inside w bag.JPG

inside wo strap.JPG

bottoms.JPG

bike-side.JPG

• Member Contributer

The price of the mounting hardware heavily depends on being complete; so including the plate behind the licence plate.

As I live in the Netherlands, pricing suggestions will mean nothng in California.

Rhoderage, the info definitely helps. 

Dutchy, thankfully every single piece is there. I've just finished taking it all off my bike and everything is sorted and in bags. If it wasn't for a look at the installation manual I would have missed two spacers and left them on the bike, but that's why I checked the install docs. It's important to get every piece off. I know what it's like to have 99% of a kit ready to put on but have one crucial piece missing. That's not going to happen to someone else here. 

Hi Chuck , did you decide on a price ? I live on Vancouver Island and was going to use my bike a bit more often to go to the mainland to help out my dad , ( A lot cheaper on gas and I get on the ferry first with a bike ) Let me know what you want for them , Thanks 

Hi Randy,

As I have every part of the mounting brackets (including two cannot-find-anywhere brackets that most previous owners leave on the bike) it was suggested that I list them on eBay with a $600 reserve. If I’m patient I should be able to get more than the reserve. 

They're really amazing bags and very easy to take off and bring inside, or you can use the cloth bags to load them and unload even easier. 

Does the price sound reasonable to you? I haven’t listed them yet because I’m getting together all the packing materials first. They’ll be shipped very securely. 

• Member Contributer

Complete with the inner bags I reckon $600 is a very good price. 

• Member Contributer

Last year I scraped up my right side bag pretty badly - only cosmetic.  A member offered up a pair of very good condition bags that match my 2008 with no mounting hardware (the bike had been stolen) with the Hondaline liners for $150 plus shipping.  I think all in it came to about $225 delivered. 

21 hours ago, Cogswell said:

A member offered up a pair of very good condition bags that match my 2008 with no mounting hardware (the bike had been stolen) with the Hondaline liners for $150 plus shipping.  I think all in it came to about $225 delivered. 

Another excellent data point. Good to know. It seems that the Unobtanium bits are the plates in the mounting hardware. It's easy to overlook those when taking the hardware off the bike. Thanks. 

Archived