Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skymon

sourcing (cushioned) drive sprocket for 5th gen

I know the OEM drive sprockets have a rubber cushion on one side.  Sprocket Center says they don't carry them.  Partzilla's website doesn't make it clear if their sprockets (23801-MAT-760) do either.  Where is the best place to get the "cushioned" ones?

Thanks skant.   But yeah.  I asked them.  I need a 530 17T.    They said they don't carry them with rubber.  (And that I don't need it.)  Well, I like em that way.  😉

I have a 17 tooth cushioned countershaft sprocket.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to get one. I have one that I tried and took it back off after a very

short time. I'm willing to get rid of it because I didn't like it.

JT has them... uncushioned front VFR sprocket is JTF339, cusioned is JTF339RB

I don't really see the point. It's not really a "cushion" in that it doesn't make the drive any smoother, it's just something to make the chain a little quieter. Still, if that's what you prefer, they're available.

Yeah.  Its about being quieter.  Just what I've always had I guess.  Maybe I'm afraid of change?  🙂

your chain shouldn't really be making a whole lot of noise to begin with but i get wanting the sound dampened one. If you can't get it in 530, is there a reason (other than not wanting to buy a new chain) you can't go 525 or 520? they're the same pitch just different widths. i suppose you could put a 530 on a 525 sprocket, there will just be some play, maybe put a .033 shim on either side?

chain dimensions 520-525-530.jpg

13 hours ago, skymon said:

I know the OEM drive sprockets have a rubber cushion on one side.  Sprocket Center says they don't carry them.  Partzilla's website doesn't make it clear if their sprockets (23801-MAT-760) do either.  Where is the best place to get the "cushioned" ones?

OEM is a cushion front sprocket.....just checked the one I have in my extra parts drawer....it has the same part number you list in your note.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.