Sign in to follow this  
austinaw91

Maggie Valley, NC Report

My dad (Honda F6B), uncle (HD Electra Glide), and cousin (BMW R9T) returned last week from a 4 day trip from Ohio to Maggie Valley, NC. About 1500 miles round trip on my 31k mile 2001 5th gen (AMAZING bike). We rode the Tail of the Dragon (of course), visited Wheels Through Time museum, and rode the wheels off our bikes. Great trip, great roads, and a safe time had by all. 

IMG_1032.thumb.JPG.b8424cbb6f94f0a0a02d41ce1ec0d9ca.JPG

Lots of highway time on the way back made me want to upgrade the ol' 5th gen with some helibars, taller screen, and a throttle lock though...

IMG_0974.thumb.JPG.27b586e98cb996c4ffd22eb1a9416a53.JPG

Happy motoring!

IMG_1034.thumb.JPG.a6c3bc236759f845b71a4f504840c8dc.JPG

PS - you must eat at Butts on the Creek if you stay in Maggie Valley...we found it on the first night and ate there 3 times.

IMG_0998.JPG

IMG_1026.JPG

IMG_1028.JPG

IMG_1029.JPG

IMG_1030.JPG

IMG_1033.JPG

• Like 3

That’s an eclectic group of bikes. Looks like some great scenery and sounds like you ate well. I took my gen 6 out for a 400 mile ride one day and it was just a bit too uncomfortable for me for that many miles in a single day and mine has heli-bars. 

On 7/15/2019 at 4:44 PM, Calculon said:

I took my gen 6 out for a 400 mile ride one day and it was just a bit too uncomfortable for me for that many miles in a single day and mine has heli-bars. 

down to 700 +/- miles max per day on my 5th gen....... i must be getting old......

great pics :)