RUNNING BRAIDED BRAKE LINE THROUGH SWING ARM

VFRUNNER

I've cleaned up my rear swing arm and going to fab up a custom  slim chain guard to give the rear end a better look.  There really was not much to doing this . There is already a hole near the rear brake cailper under the swing arm, witch I made wider to be able to fit two brake lines since i have the abs model .  Hardest part would be feeding the hose through the swing arm . There is another hole that is big enough for both brake lines . On the side of the shock on the swing arm 

. I then went straight up from there.  You need to make sure you leave slack in the line that way you have room to remove the caliper if needed too.. I made my own lines with stainless steel fittings . The connectors you need are banjo -3an 10mm connector  . PTFE braidned brake line .  The washers that seal the banjo are one time use so make sure you get 2 for each connection.  

I will update pictures when completed . 

20180127_185925.jpg

20180127_185942.jpg

20180127_185947.jpg

20180127_185931.jpg

• Member Contributer

Gotta admire your enthusiasm!  I would suggest fitting some "heavy duty" heat shrink tubing around the lines where they pass through the swing arm and rub against the opening near the shock.  You need to leave slack not only to remove the caliper, but also to adjust the chain!

Ciao,

Nice work,

There is also a hole on the other side of the swing arm that you can use, then the brake line don't wrap around the shock.

5a7e3a54d76dc_VFR3.thumb.jpg.6d151debd568ffc5010a78c272742f21.jpg

My home made chainguard was cut out of a peice of steel floor beam I had lying around and then, wrapped very poorly!

17.thumb.jpg.7d54b6c3695411114b39b24168681349.jpg

Check out some of Sebspeed's craftmanship and modifications to his vfr750 and 800, make's mine look amaturish, which I am.

Thanks for the info and for the pictures, looks good. Could I get a better picture of how you have the brake like coming out of the other side of the swing arm please .   . As for the chain guard im thinking it would be a good  idea to try and follow the bend of the swing arm to make it look like one solid piece. I don't know if it will go as plan have to pre fab out of cardboard and see.   I'm still waiting for my rear hugger because I will have to work around that.  

I decided to go with the 2014 oem rear hugger.  It's very easy to make it work with the 6th gen swing arm . 

I think 

Archived