Staying on a Honda, but leaving VFR family

thecat

Hi all,

Reluctantly leaving the VFR family but will still be riding a Honda -- a classic one. In recent times, I have found it getting harder to ride the VFR. I get body aches, pain in my thighs and forearms and wrists and can't last more than an hour on the bike. It also harder for me to pillion my wife as a result and rather than get into trouble, i decided to trade the VFR in. Nothing I can pin my finger on but maybe some of the old injuries are catching up with me. More than anything, its the riding position that i cant seem to adapt to or fit anymore.

So i searched around and spotted a 2001 CB1300 (done just over 28,000kms) that was a Japan-only special edition model with the rather loud, but classic, colour scheme from the CBR1100R era (sans the blue). It is the more upright seating position i am seeking -- not because the VFR is no good. its a great bike and no regrets owning it. But i once owned a 2007 CBR 1300S (2010-2011) so i know its also a machine that will fit me fine. Unlike the 2003 onward 1300s, this one has rebound/preload adjustable 45mm front forks (43mm, spring preload only frpom 2003 on) and  on the back is  the double shock pro-link set-up (which was dropped from 2003 -- due to bean counters, I suspect).

In a way, its back to my roots as I rode a GSX1100 back in the early eighties.

I would like to thank all the members here who have helped enhance my VFR experience both the fifth gen and eighth gen, with their knowledge, tips and experiences.

cb1300sp2.jpg

cb1300sp.jpg

cb13003.jpg

Archived